Old August 28th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

Since I don't know this Robitussin guy, I really can't say anything in reply
to this post....
rb

oups.com...
From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm

From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57
pm

Robesin is merely a product of the "incentive" licensing
system where all those who hunger for being a "somebody"
can get a Title - Rank - Privilege through a singular skill.

If it doesn't have rank or a uniform, Robesin isn't interested.

That certainly seems the case. The "uniform" is his
emperor's new clothes...

Lessee. He's got a Marine uniform (he says). A Tennessee State Guard
uniform (whatever that is), an ill-fitting Air Force CAP flight suit
uniform, and a male nurses uniform. And he has lots of military medals
that he never earned (according to him).

You know, whenever I saw folks in the CAP uniform at any Air Force
Base, including Maxwell, they work the 4b or Class A. Never ever saw a
CAP in a flight suit before robesin's well advertised home page.

In all my visits to USAF bases I've never seen any CAP
personnel there, let alone some in a poopy suit. I've seen
several civilians on USAF bases, employed by the USAF, wearing
flight suits and clearly identified as to being civilian.

I didn't make that system, neither did you, neither did
anyone in these four forums. The FCC took a big chunk out
of it (license classes and morsemanship skill) with the
Restructuring of 2000 and that ****ed off the Title-Rank-
Status seekers. Devout morsemen are angry and venting steam
because their self-esteem has fallen.

Only in their minds. They are the very same good or bad hams that they
were with all the layers of hamdom.

All of those "layers" hams are examples to the general public,
good or bad or indifferent. So?

"Self-esteem" is a nice-nice word for EGO tied in with self-
perception. Trying to represent themselves as "expert" radio
persons in this new millennium is a rather stupid idea of those
devout morsepersons when they want to force the FCC to keep the
code test.

Some do. Some don't. robesin does.

He's a bad example for the morsemen.

Those who LIKE morse code should, and can, go on using it.

Roger.

Roger that. salute

That
is in no sense any validity for making it an amateur radio test
requirement for a license.

No valid reason to maintain it as a barrier to the ARS.

Oh, oh...in the PC (Political Correctness) of morsedom,
the code test cannot possibly ever be a "barrier."

ALL "good hams" should WORK for their AMATEUR licenses!

Those that won't are worse than river-bottom slime...:-)

Trying to speak logically, the FCC grants amateur licenses
in the USA and even they proposed (via an NPRM) to eliminate
the amateur radio morse code test for a license. FCC is on
record of a couple decades ago that this singular manual
skill test does not tell them if a license applicant is
worthy of a federal license.

Simply amazing. EIGHTEEN years alleged on active duty and
he can't supply a single photo or document to support his
claim? In November of this year I can truthfully say I've
been in the southern California aerospace business 50 years.
I have all sorts of documentation and photos on that which
I may fully digitize some day (some are already digitized).
Some time ago I posted my resume in here...which only made
Robesin ballistic then since he has NO comparable
experience in industry and cannot prove any radio experience
other than amateur and alleged "chief operator" status at
some small MARS station long ago. [that was before his
less-than-a-half-year as a purchasing agent at a small
set top box maker]

Yet as "chief operator" or ANCOIC of NMC MARS on Okinawa, he remains
woefully ignorant of MARS. I just don't get it.

It's easy to "get." He wasn't what he says he was. He hasn't
supplied a single bit of evidence to prove his claims.

Now it all makes sense.

It was all one great big super-brag.

Robesin used the wrong word/acronym for a RESUME' presented
as part of an interview for a job.

Thought he had a "killer" job as a male nurse?

God forbid!

Robesin an academic? Not in this lifetime.

It's just his inappropriate use of what to him are important sounding
words and acronyms.

Some of those he makes up as he goes along.

Probably how his career in the Marines was invented.

Well, he might have been in the reserves?

The rec.radio newsgroups have showcased Robesin. He HAS earned his
reputation. He's worked very hard for it.

He's hardly worked in radio.

Oh, I don't know. After a hard day behind the microphone, he's got
that 1,000 yard stare.

That's also a symptom of anoxia...lack of oxygen used up in
his bragging of what he did that never was... :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.

Old August 28th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Me either.
rb

wrote in message
ups.com...

oups.com...
From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm

From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57
pm

[...]

Saturdays. They bring the kids in for a tour and a meal at the chow
hall.

Oh, I don't know. After a hard day behind the microphone, he's got
that 1,000 yard stare.

That's also a symptom of anoxia...lack of oxygen used up in
his bragging of what he did that never was... :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.

Well, doggone it, Lennie. Next thing ya know he'll be posting over the
callsign of another Amateur.

Nope...ya just cain't believe guys like that, can you Len?

I don't believe his bs.

Old August 28th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

So you guys got sidetracked and missed the CW call so both your guys died.
You are the weakest link.
Goodbye.
rb

wrote in message
oups.com...
rom: on Thurs, Aug 24 2006 6:39 pm

oups.com...
From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm
From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006
2:57 pm

In all my visits to USAF bases I've never seen any CAP
personnel there, let alone some in a poopy suit. I've seen
several civilians on USAF bases, employed by the USAF, wearing
flight suits and clearly identified as to being civilian.

Saturdays. They bring the kids in for a tour and a meal at the chow
hall.

OK, that explains it. :-) If I was on-site for some company
business, I wouldn't be there on weekends. :-)

Oh, I don't know. After a hard day behind the microphone, he's got
that 1,000 yard stare.

That's also a symptom of anoxia...lack of oxygen used up in
his bragging of what he did that never was... :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.

I don't believe his bs.

Any rational, sane person can't believe his claims. Hopefully,
that is most of us reading some of the garbage going on in here
now.

I found it uproarious that Robeson tried to cover up his NOT
naming a single military radio that was operational during his
alleged 18-year "USMC career," claiming "all the information is
classified!" :-)

Absolute bull****. The names, ID, functions have all been in
public view...the 'Public' being the makers or those wanting to
get in on an RFQ (Request for Quote) being advertised by the
DoD. Even though I never operated (as a civilian) anything
more than an old ARC-27 or PRC-119 SINCGARS, all the military
radios operational between the times of those two are easily
recognizeable to me (well, the VRCs have lots of differences
between families but the same case and general form). The
operating manuals are NOT classified, just in limited
distribution. LOGSA the Logistics Supply Agency is busy making
CDs of all the printed manuals for darn near ALL military
equipment; it's a piece of cake to pop one of those CDs in an
ever-present military PC and read them. LOGSA has a website
and even civilians can download some of the older equipment's
manuals. LOGSA has some internal priority on what can be
downloaded (depending on the cookie generated by a non-military
PC). That was a tip I got from rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
and rec.radio.amateur.homebrew. The nomenclatures and quick-
look facts are on a couple websites in a long, long, long list.
Even BAMA has some manuals for free download plus big link
lists for other sites that have them.

Robesin DID list some (questionable) nomenclatures for MARS
equipment once but NOTHING else. That kind of info can be
had from other hams' personal websites. MARS doesn't
normally talk about regular military tactical radio gear.
MARS doesn't normally use such. :-)

Old August 28th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

I saw a C-130 fly almost directly over my house last year. Couldn't see who
was in it though...
rb

wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
from: on Thurs, Aug 24 2006 6:39 pm
oups.com...
From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm
From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm
From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm
From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm
From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006
2:57 pm

In all my visits to USAF bases I've never seen any CAP
personnel there, let alone some in a poopy suit. I've seen
several civilians on USAF bases, employed by the USAF, wearing
flight suits and clearly identified as to being civilian.

Saturdays. They bring the kids in for a tour and a meal at the chow
hall.

OK, that explains it. :-) If I was on-site for some company
business, I wouldn't be there on weekends. :-)

I attended 3 weeks of CWPC training at Maxwell AFB in Montgomery,
Alabama. It hosts CAP HQ. Didn't see any CAP uniforms there, either.

Odd, though. The new owner of robesin's old vanity callsign, K4CAP,
resides in Montgomery, Alabama.

Oh, I don't know. After a hard day behind the microphone, he's got
that 1,000 yard stare.

That's also a symptom of anoxia...lack of oxygen used up in
his bragging of what he did that never was... :-)

Tsk, all that work he does in trying to bluff us. All he had to
do was present SOME sort of document proof or even a personal
snapshot taken while in that "hostile-action-filled" 18 year
"career" in the USMC. He hasn't done so after many years.

If he can't present a single item of 18 years of his life, it
is hard for the rest of us to believe anything he said.

I don't believe his bs.

Any rational, sane person can't believe his claims. Hopefully,
that is most of us reading some of the garbage going on in here
now.

Some of the whacko Anon's have championed robesin's cause, whatever it
might be.

I found it uproarious that Robeson tried to cover up his NOT
naming a single military radio that was operational during his
alleged 18-year "USMC career," claiming "all the information is
classified!" :-)

Scuse me while I blow the pepsi out of my nose.

[...]

Too much work for robesin. So he just "classified" everything. He was
definitely confused by Major Vincent and his key on a necklace. Hah!

Robesin DID list some (questionable) nomenclatures for MARS
equipment once but NOTHING else. That kind of info can be
had from other hams' personal websites. MARS doesn't
normally talk about regular military tactical radio gear.
MARS doesn't normally use such. :-)

If he was involved in MARS, it was probably just to eavesdrop on morale
calls from a lonely GI to his wife or girlfriend back home.

Old August 28th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default If you had to use microphone to save Markies life, would use CW instead?

"an old freind" wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
"an old friend" wrote in
oups.com:

more kookery

Old August 28th 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"Woody" wrote in message
And as previously stated, slow equals death. If you can't do 20wpm you
should stay off the bands.

rb

Aw, fer Chrissake Woody, kwit yer cryin' and whinin'.

Old August 28th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote in message
oups.com...

I knew a SSgt that was also a Major. When he had on his Major Uniform,
he strutted around escorting the JrCAPs to the chow hall to show them
how it's really done.

Cool, so he could wear one of each rank per shoulder and you can just call
him Sgt. Major.

Yet as "chief operator" or ANCOIC of NMC MARS on Okinawa, he remains
woefully ignorant of MARS. I just don't get it.

Uh, hello.... Looks like perfect qualifications for a management position.

He never thought that a mere Army or Air Force NCO would know anything
about MARS.

It's the 4th planet from the Sun, and there's a probe thingy driving in
uncontrollable circles around Deuphus Prime.

Very, very unfortunate for him.

Not good for the probe either...

Seven hostile actions, I'm told. I can't imagine being short-sheeted 7
times by members of my flight.

The marines can fly? I thought they were just to cover the beaches so the
Army doesn't get sand in their boots....

rb

Old August 28th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Woody wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

I knew a SSgt that was also a Major. When he had on his Major Uniform,
he strutted around escorting the JrCAPs to the chow hall to show them
how it's really done.

Cool, so he could wear one of each rank per shoulder and you can just call
him Sgt. Major.

Yikes!

Yet as "chief operator" or ANCOIC of NMC MARS on Okinawa, he remains
woefully ignorant of MARS. I just don't get it.

Uh, hello.... Looks like perfect qualifications for a management position.

I like the way you think.

He never thought that a mere Army or Air Force NCO would know anything
about MARS.

It's the 4th planet from the Sun, and there's a probe thingy driving in
uncontrollable circles around Deuphus Prime.

Careful. You might get him excited with the probe talk.

Very, very unfortunate for him.

Not good for the probe either...

Can't it be factory refurbished?

Seven hostile actions, I'm told. I can't imagine being short-sheeted 7
times by members of my flight.

The marines can fly? I thought they were just to cover the beaches so the
Army doesn't get sand in their boots....

Welp, when the AF took the airplanes away from the Army in 1947...

....this guy named Sikorsky came along and sold them some helicopters.
Anyway, they were a lot of fun and the idea really caught on. Now the
marines have them, too. Robesin says he worked on helicopters in some
capacity, and got hisself involved in 7 hostile actions.

Old August 28th 06, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Woody wrote:
I saw a C-130 fly almost directly over my house last year. Couldn't see who
was in it though...
rb

The aluminum skin of a C130 is sort of hard to see through. The only
craft that I ever saw with a glass underbelly was a tour boat in
Florida.

But you can rest assured that neither robesin nor the CAP was flying
that C130.