Old September 4th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default trolling right along

wrote:
rom: an old friend on Fri, Sep 1 2006 7:30 pm

The FCC establishes regulations for ALL United States civil radio.
What the FCC says, goes.

Great. Follow your own advice. The FCC says that the 5 wpm morse test
for HF access is the law of the land.

Bigot morsemen do NOT allow any opinions opposing their own
over-inflated self-defined opinions. They want to RULE all the
Homies in da Ham Hood.

What are you smoking, Pops?

As a professional in radio communications, one who began in
and on HF over a half century ago, I have contempt for the
over-inflated egos of the bigot morsemen.

How much ego is considered "over-inflated", Len? We're not dealing with
professional radio communications here, so you may can the speech. I
know quite a number of amateur radio ops who have contempt for you.
Let's call it even.

None have made
their case valid enough to warrant morse code testing for
amateur radio licenses forever.

Forever? I don't know of anyone who says that morse testing must remain
forever. Did you mean to write that no one has made a case which suits
your personal standards of validity? No one ever could. Your mind was
made up when you began. You weren't here to debate; you were here to
lecture.

But, the ARRL is toadying
to them, vainly hoping to increase their minority membership
by sticking to the amateur practice of a half century ago.
ARRL membership hasn't increased beyond a quarter of all
licensed radio amateurs in the United States, nor has the
ARRL favored, ever, the VHF-and-up amateur radio licensees
beyond the barest minimum of mentions.

Your wild claims are simply malarkey. Would you do us the courtesy of
naming any other U.S. amateur radio organization which has even 5% of
licensed radio amateurs as members?

Sooner or later the FCC will yield to PUBLIC pressure to
modernize US amateur radio beyond the old-fashioned
limitations and favoritism towards morsemanship lobbied
for by the ARRL.

PUBLIC pressure? How many of the general public have commented, let
alone pressured? Do you think your own endearing style has swayed the
Commission?

It may not come in "Slow Code's" lifetime
since he is of the group where a morse key has to be pried
from his cold, dead fingers. Poor "Slow Code," old before
his time, unable to fit into this new millennium of radio
technology.

Nontheless, he's a radio amateur, something you'll likely not achieve
before you end up with empty, cold, dead fingers. Thusfar in this new
millenium, you have an old, dusty, tiny Johnson to work with.

Dave K8MN
Old September 4th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default If you had to use CW... could Len save himself?

wrote:

Heil endured a double-decade in government service so he could get
a nice pension. In such a position Heil would have zero-point-zero
experience with resumes in trying to get a job interview anywhere
in industry.

So what you've told us is that while I was employed, I was looking for
work. Good work, Len. That's correct. I did a fair amount of hiring
though. I read resumes/CVs, selected candidates to be interviewed,
interviewed them, broke the bad news to the unsuccessful ones and the
good news to the successful ones. I wrote their efficiency reports and
conducted periodic counseling.

instead of "resume". Many American companies have picked up on the use
of the term "CV". It is not just used in academia:

No wonder jobs are going overseas.

Heil is NOT interested in any "CV" definition.

Sure, I am. I provided a defintion of same, correcting your erroneous
claim. I've done quite a bit of that when you've been in error.

All he wants to do
is trash-talk his adversaries of the past in here.

Trash-talk? You were corrected when you were mistaken.

Heil is a
morseman. I am not.

Absolutely correct! Heil is a radio amateur and you are not. Heil knew
the definition of CV. You did not.

I don't revere the Department of State as
having any large international radio network...

Nobody does. State never had a large radio network.

(they don't, much of
what they have now goes through the DSN).

That's as incorrect as your idea on the term "CV".

Heil needs to flash all
that "government experience" to show how Big and "radio-wise" he
is, a "somebody" in a group of amateurs so he can stand tall. :-)

I was somebody in a group of radio amateurs before I ever took that job,
Foghorn. :-)

The REAL subject is MORSEMANSHIP.

No, Leonard, it is not.

Heil is big on that because he
can do it and did it. BFD.

Heil is big on that because he *wanted* to do it. It is a very big deal
if one intends to communicate with others using morse.

What is before the FCC right now is
whether the USA will eliminate or keep the morse code test for an
amateur radio license.

You told us that what the FCC says, goes. The FCC has retained morse
testing at the 5 wpm level for an HF amateur radio license.

Heil has his license through morsemanship.

That's as incorrect as your claim about "CVs" or State Department radio.
Heil has his license through passing each and every testing element
available, morse and written. Deal with it. How's your "Extra right
out of the box" coming along?

He could care zero-point-zero about anyone but himself in that,
certainly not anyone who might get into amateur radio someday.

Incorrect again, O one of limited vision.

MORSEMANSHIP is of NO USE in the bigger world of radio comms of
today...except in the minds of olde-tyme AMATEURS in radio who are
frozen in times long past.

Forget the "bigger world of radio comms" stuff, Leonard. Those
attempting to pass an amateur radio exam are intested in becoming hams.
At HF and in VHF/UHF weak signal work, morse is still widely used.

Dave K8MN
Old September 4th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default If you had to use CW... would robesin still be an idiot?

From: on Thurs, Aug 24 2006 6:30 pm

From: on Wed, Aug 23 2006 7:46 pm

From: on Tues, Aug 22 2006 7:14 pm

From: on Mon, Aug 21 2006 6:30 pm

From: an old friend on Mon, Aug 21 2006 3:16 pm

From: on Sun, Aug 20 2006 2:57 pm

Robesin used the wrong word/acronym for a RESUME' presented
as part of an interview for a job.

Thought he had a "killer" job as a male nurse?

God forbid!

Yes.

There have been several KILLERS among the nursing profession made
infamous in the news of the last decade.

Robesin an academic? Not in this lifetime.

It's just his inappropriate use of what to him are important sounding
words and acronyms.

Some of those he makes up as he goes along.

Probably how his career in the Marines was invented.

Well, he might have been in the reserves?

Was that you or Frank that nailed that one?

Frank nailed him. Frank had so many nails he didn't have to ask
Robeson to cross his legs...

Heil might be a candidate for the other cross. He claims some sort
of intimate knowledge of Human Resources Departments (Personnel)
and their terminology. Most strange since Heil got hisself a nice
cushy job long enough to get him a government pension...doesn't
need to send out resumes to companies looking for warm bodies.

Heil was just trying to divert the subject away from "CW."

That's incorrect. Heil knows what a CV is. Anderson didn't.

Heil
is a morseman and...

....and a single sideband man and an AM man and an FM man and an RTTY
man. Heil isn't limited by your small imagination.

...one of those who insists that a morse code test
is absolutely necessary for an AMATEUR radio license.

You, not a participant in amateur radio, insist that morse testing must
be removed. Go figure!

Heil seems
to have spent his USAF service time fighting the Vietnam War with
a MARS radio. Brave stuff. :-)

You get very little correct. I was never assigned to MARS anywhere. My
tours were with SAC and in Airlift--Big Time HF comms. Why are you
concerned with my tour in Vietnam? It has as much relevance to amateur
radio and your stories of "Big Time HF" army radio of better than a
half-century back. I was a radio amateur long before entering the
military, Len. I was a schoolboy of 14 and I obtained something which
stymies certain people in their eighth decade of life.

Dave K8MN
Old September 4th 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default dave flaming title replaced

Dave Heil wrote: If you had to use CW... could Len save himself?
save himself from what Dave?

after all there is NEVER any requirement to use CW

whats the matter dx going poorly?

Old September 4th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote:

More than one in here is confused about "key lists."

One such person would seem to be you!

In commo
crypto, the "key lists" are very, very restricted and essential
for encryption...not the brag lists of "essential" personnel of
an organization.

Yet is was you who had egg all over his face after your statement that I
nowhere appeared on State's Key Officer's Lists, a list that no one
would be likely to confuse with "key lists". I worked professionally
with crypto material every day. I never worked with a "key list".

Amateur radio doesn't use crypto material.

Your list of errors continues to grow.

Dave K8MN
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

May I be so bold as to ask what Len's credentials are insofar as having been
a member of the Military? No, his days as a Civil Servant working at an Air
Force base in Mississippi count for nil. We all know how Len performed while
there. He had a penchant for posting to numerous Newsgroups while using his
employers' computers and yeah, had several times posted comments over the
callsign of an Amateur with whom he had past differences.
Len has, for a short while anyway, seemingly stopped posting over the
callsign of this unsuspecting Amateur, but ONLY because of one, astute
Usenet watchdog who likes to "out" Len.
In my humble opinion, any veracity that Len may have had went down the
proverbial tubes when he stooped so low as to post not once, but numerous
times over the callsign of this unsuspecting (and undeserving) Amateur. His
actions were not only uncalled-for, but were childishly tawdry.
This alone speaks volumes of Lennie....

Old September 4th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Thomas Edison wrote:
"Dave Heil" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote:

More than one in here is confused about "key lists."

One such person would seem to be you!

In commo
crypto, the "key lists" are very, very restricted and essential
for encryption...not the brag lists of "essential" personnel of
an organization.

Yet is was you who had egg all over his face after your statement that I
nowhere appeared on State's Key Officer's Lists, a list that no one
would be likely to confuse with "key lists". I worked professionally
with crypto material every day. I never worked with a "key list".

Amateur radio doesn't use crypto material.

Your list of errors continues to grow.

Dave K8MN

Says the REMF who worked as a gopher for the State Dept. ntil he
screwed up so much let let him take early "retirement".