Old January 26th 08, 07:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default marantz 250 amp early 70s

Here's some pics of a Marantze 250 I'm working on. It was a real mess and
had been droped. I straitend the cabinet and repainted everything etc... I
replaced every electrolytic and several other type caps and resistors. I
rebuilt the powere supply relay and replaced three transistors.

--
Regards
B.H.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

ZUMBROTA, MN USA
Ph- 507-732-4737

Old January 26th 08, 07:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Here it is almost done.

Old January 27th 08, 03:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brian Hill" wrote in message ...

Here it is almost done.

--
Regards
B.H.
Hill Amplification
http://hillamplification.com

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

wow, looks like lots of work, despite the fairly open look of the various
boards. You had to completely take one out?

Old January 27th 08, 06:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

Here it is almost done.

--
Regards
B.H.
Hill Amplification
http://hillamplification.com

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

wow, looks like lots of work, despite the fairly open look of the various
boards. You had to completely take one out?

Yea I had to go over it all. The main failure was that a number of carbon
comp resistors went south in the HV circuits and the voltage went way up
frying a few transistors etc... So I replaced all the carbon comps and most
of the capacitors minus the mica types which all tested good. The circuit
boards are all very robust being about 3/16" thick with heavy trace. It's a
nice well designed amp. I rebuilt the power supply relay too and hope it
works? I give it the smoke test tomarrow!

BH

Old January 28th 08, 04:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

wow, looks like lots of work, despite the fairly open look of the various
boards. You had to completely take one out?

Yea I had to go over it all. The main failure was that a number of carbon
comp resistors went south in the HV circuits and the voltage went way up
frying a few transistors etc... So I replaced all the carbon comps and
most of the capacitors minus the mica types which all tested good. The
circuit boards are all very robust being about 3/16" thick with heavy
trace. It's a nice well designed amp. I rebuilt the power supply relay too
and hope it works? I give it the smoke test tomarrow!

BH

Good luck! that should last you for another 30-40 years...

Old February 2nd 08, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message

Good luck! that should last you for another 30-40 years...

I hope so Buck.

BH

Old February 13th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

In article , "Brian Hill"
wrote:

Here's some pics of a Marantze 250 I'm working on. It was a real mess and
had been droped. I straitend the cabinet and repainted everything etc... I
replaced every electrolytic and several other type caps and resistors. I
rebuilt the powere supply relay and replaced three transistors.

--
Regards
B.H.
Hill Amplification
http://hillamplification.com

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianhill/500.htm

ZUMBROTA, MN USA
Ph- 507-732-4737

I remember those amps. They were good ones.

Dave