Old January 27th 08, 01:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default new Viking

Most of the radios of this style that I see from Viking are so-called "farm
radios", due to the battery operation. Picked this AC one 25 to 60 cycles)
up today in an estate auction, and was told "it works". Some laughter when
the young lady that was calling the auction at that point translated "works"
to "works well". She asked what was funny and turned deep red when she
heard the reason. We didn't mind, since she is only 14 years old. (!)

Well, it does work, but needs the usual filter caps. It's an example of a
radio that I will "touch up" in a few places, but will not want to refinish.

We all draw that line on that question in different places of course, but
the example I've posted here is probably 70+ years old. Why should it look
like it just came out of the box?

Attached Thumbnails
new Viking-copy-viking-851-e-fr_resize.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of Viking 851-E fr l_resize.JPG (80.1 KB, 164 views)