Old July 9th 08, 11:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Mantola Radio/Phono

Sorry about the pictures. I am having trouble sending more than one
picture using comcast photoshop or picasa. They show up in my drafts
but do not show up in the messages in the newsgroups. Maybe someday I
will learn how to post pictures.
Please remove "nospam." to reply

Old July 10th 08, 12:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

wrote in message
Sorry about the pictures. I am having trouble sending more than one
picture using comcast photoshop or picasa. They show up in my drafts
but do not show up in the messages in the newsgroups. Maybe someday I
will learn how to post pictures.
Please remove "nospam." to reply

One thing that would be most helpful as far as posting to the binaries is to
keep the file size under around 300KB when at all possible.

Old July 10th 08, 02:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

In message , Brenda Ann
writes

wrote in message
.. .
Sorry about the pictures. I am having trouble sending more than one
picture using comcast photoshop or picasa. They show up in my drafts
but do not show up in the messages in the newsgroups. Maybe someday I
will learn how to post pictures.
Please remove "nospam." to reply

One thing that would be most helpful as far as posting to the binaries is to
keep the file size under around 300KB when at all possible.

Even if the photos had been in focus, 50 to 100kB would have been more
than adequate. Think of the poor folks on dial-up! Presumably, 700+kB is
straight out of the camera. You need to have a bit of a practice with
your Comcast Photoshop or Picasa.
--
Ian
Old July 11th 08, 03:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Thanks for the suggestions I guess I do need a lot of practice with my
programs.

O n Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:30:43 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Brenda Ann
writes

. ..

Old July 11th 08, 03:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:05:31 -0700, Bart Bailey
wrote:

In posted on Thu, 10 Jul
2008 14:30:43 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote: Begin

Even if the photos had been in focus, 50 to 100kB would have been more
than adequate. Think of the poor folks on dial-up! Presumably, 700+kB is
straight out of the camera. You need to have a bit of a practice with
your Comcast Photoshop or Picasa.

I use this as a 'send to' target and have it set to less than a couple
hundred kb http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

Thanks for the suggestion of the program PhotoResize400. I just
downloaded it and will try that with my pictures. Thanks again.

Please remove "nospam." to reply

Old July 11th 08, 08:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

In message , Bart Bailey
writes
In posted on
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:15:49 -0700, wrote: Begin

wrote:

In posted on Thu, 10 Jul
2008 14:30:43 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote: Begin

Even if the photos had been in focus, 50 to 100kB would have been more
than adequate. Think of the poor folks on dial-up! Presumably, 700+kB is
straight out of the camera. You need to have a bit of a practice with
your Comcast Photoshop or Picasa.

I use this as a 'send to' target and have it set to less than a couple
hundred kb
http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

Thanks for the suggestion of the program PhotoResize400. I just
downloaded it and will try that with my pictures. Thanks again.

It was a bit tricky at first but you just rename the executable
[PhotoResize1024HM.exe] in my case to reduce things to a standard
desktop size of 1024. The [H] is for high quality and the [M] is to
include the Metadata (like EXIF). Then go into your send to folder and
create a shortcut. After that it's very easy to trim pics down to a
reasonable size with a right click.

That certainly is an interesting program. I mainly use (and thoroughly
recommend) Faststone Viewer but, for a bit of fun, I'm going to try this
one. And it's 'no-install'.
--
Ian