Old May 21st 10, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
ajb ajb is offline

Default dairy farmer tuning radio w/ headphones

On 21/05/2010 02:29, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Bill M wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Yes, thank you. It came through OK. I see that you use Outlook
Express. I still use Netscape 4.78 to access newsgroups. It's a little
old, but I like the way it handles long threads.

I've forgotten how 4.7 worked for newsgroups...its been a long time ago.
But it reached the point of being outdated for handling the web.

Using T'bird 2.something here and it seems to do everything with no
thought required. yEnc, etc.

They seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere with T'bird 3. Its
really klunky and confusing. I haven't messed with it lately (its on my
laptop) but I never could find the route to 'Subscribe to Newsgroups'.

Try Thunderbird 2.*, Mike, as a replacement to Netscape for mail and
newsgroups.

I have the latest release of Firefox and Seamonkey for browsing the
web. I've tried the newer newsreader software, and I just don't like it.

I tried Google Chrome, but had to uninstall it. The computer was so
unstable it wasn't funny.

Thunderbird 3.0.4 seems to work nicely for me for mail and for these
newsgroups, except I have yet to find out how to assemble a jpeg which
has been posted in more than one part. The first part gives a clear
image of part of the picture, the second et al just text/numbers.

I found it a little awkward to set up the accounts as I am using my old
ISP service (Demon, in UK) for mail to keep my original e.mail address
of some 20 years standing, but on a mobile G3 dongle account for the
fast connection. Works well once sorted out though.

Latest Firefox for everyday web browser, seems fine too.

I tried Google Chrome, it was an appalling mistake, never worked at all.
Endless imbranglements.

(Old laptop, Win XP SP2, 1G RAM)

TTFN

Anthony
Old May 21st 10, 04:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

ajb wrote:
I tried Google Chrome, it was an appalling mistake, never
worked at all. Endless imbranglements.

That took me a while to find. embranglements
However, I did find two instances of it being spelled with
an "i".

A fine word indeed.

Jeff

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com

Old May 21st 10, 05:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Bill M wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

Use Xnews for those multipart files:
http://download.cnet.com/Xnews/3000-2164_4-10120486.html

I found it a little awkward to set up the accounts as I am using my old
ISP service (Demon, in UK) for mail to keep my original e.mail address
of some 20 years standing, but on a mobile G3 dongle account for the
fast connection. Works well once sorted out though.

Latest Firefox for everyday web browser, seems fine too.

I tried Google Chrome, it was an appalling mistake, never worked at all.
Endless imbranglements.

(Old laptop, Win XP SP2, 1G RAM)

TTFN

Anthony

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Old May 21st 10, 05:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
ajb ajb is offline

On 21/05/2010 16:59, Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
ajb wrote:
I tried Google Chrome, it was an appalling mistake, never
worked at all. Endless imbranglements.

That took me a while to find. embranglements
However, I did find two instances of it being spelled with
an "i".

A fine word indeed.

Jeff

Thank you, sir. "Imbrangle" is probably Old English; for example,
Dorothy L. Sayers in "The Nine Tailors" used it for a rural elder to
admonish a youngster (Norfolk dialect).

TTFN

Anthony

Old May 21st 10, 05:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
ajb ajb is offline

On 21/05/2010 17:13, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Use Xnews for those multipart files:
http://download.cnet.com/Xnews/3000-2164_4-10120486.html

Thank you. I will try it.

TTFN

Anthony

--
Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me...