Old March 12th 11, 02:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Philips B3X95U - before and after

This was an exercise in determining whether a painted bakelite cabinet
could be stripped, and then refinished. I think the results speak for
themselves.

Although electronic restoration was tricky due to the PCB construction
(removing the electrolytic can was tricky, as was installing new ones),
I did a full restoration and alignment, and she really performs well.

Attached Thumbnails
Philips B3X95U - before and after-philips-b3x95u-before.jpg
Old April 17th 11, 05:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Jeff Neese" wrote in message

This was an exercise in determining whether a painted bakelite cabinet
could be stripped, and then refinished. I think the results speak for
themselves.

Wow, nice~

What did you use to strip the plastic case with, Jeff?

Philips 156 UBV Omer S Radio Photos 8 June 16th 11 01:23 PM
philips D2999 maurizio.bonfanti Shortwave 3 April 27th 04 06:38 AM
Wanted: Philips DC-777 jtaylor Swap 0 March 9th 04 04:39 PM
LF Philips DC-777 jtaylor Shortwave 5 March 9th 04 04:38 PM
WTB Philips DC777 jt Swap 0 December 17th 03 01:29 PM