Old August 19th 06, 06:41 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner

Default Looking for Freqs & Help

Here's the picture...My Mother is going on a cruise in December. I've been
trying to get her into scanning. The cruise starts in Sydney Australia IIRC,
and then proceeds around the New Zealand Islands.

I'm going to program in the international maritime frequencies and the on
board ship frequencies (I may not have all of those BTW)

Haven't googled yet (but will). What would be good frequencies to program in
while she cruises and is in port(s) other than the VHF Marine freqs?
Especially anything she could hear on the ship, coming from the land.

She'll be using my Pro-95 (on which *I* still haven't figured out the
trunking...sigh) and she is definitely *not* technically minded. I'll just
be teaching her how to lock/unlock channels and banks, use the squelch and
volume control. I'll do *all* the programming.

Thanks for any and all suggestions....Hmm maybe I'll throw in both her
airports of departure....Something to listen to while she's waiting g

Eric

--
Tune Out .KBHR to reply me

Old August 20th 06, 05:02 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 05:41:42 GMT, "Eric Ferguson"
wrote:

She'll be using my Pro-95 (on which *I* still haven't figured out the
trunking...sigh)

You may want to try
http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/95/95.html
Old August 23rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner

wrote:

She'll be using my Pro-95 (on which *I* still haven't figured out the
trunking...sigh)

You may want to try
http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/95/95.html

Hi Guys,

First, I'd like to recommend that you become a member of the Pro95 Yahoo
group.

Secondly, I'd also like to recommend that you use the wonderful F-R-E-E
software for the Pro 95 by logging onto Don Starr's website:
http://www.starrsoft.com/

It looks very complex, if you've never used it before. I was a newbie
too at one time. I made some mistakes, but I know just how much I missed
by not using Don's software.

If you get lost or stuck, we are all there at the Yahoo group to help
you. We were newbies once too...

Alain