Old September 12th 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default Could you support making the No-code license one year non-renewable?

"Tom Ring" wrote in message
.. .
Dee Flint wrote:

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message

Dee Flint wrote:

I repeat: EVERY MODE HAS ITS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES. To deny
that is foolish.

Every brand of vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages
but I don't see the government forcing anyone to buy a
Chevrolet. What is wrong with a free market of modes?
Nobody is forcing anyone not to use CW.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

That analogy doesn't work at all.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Why not? Picking what you want to use isn't okay? You don't want
alternatives to CW. Or alternatives to digital? Or , for that matter,
alternatives to voice modes.

So for you choice is bad?

tom
K0TAR

Different brands of cars are not dissimilar enough to compare to different
types of modes so the analogy doesn't work. The different brands of cars
(Chevy, Ford, Chrysler, etc) are more like comparing a Bencher paddle to an
MFJ paddle to a Kent paddle, etc. If you use CW, you pick your own type of
paddle. If you drive, you pick your own type of car.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 12th 06, 11:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
. ..
Dee Flint wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Every brand of vehicle has its advantages and disadvantages
but I don't see the government forcing anyone to buy a
Chevrolet. What is wrong with a free market of modes?
Nobody is forcing anyone not to use CW.

That analogy doesn't work at all.

I should have said "4WD" instead of "Chevrolet".
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

That doesn't work either. That comparison would be like comparing a
straight key to an electronic keyer.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 12th 06, 12:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

funkbastler wrote:
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 22:19:21 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

There is no arguing that. KB9RQZ is living proof.

Well, I don't know KB9RQZ - but I'll say thay he's entitled to have
and express his opinions, same as you and I, whether you or I agree
with him or not.

Y'all try to stay away from the ad hominem stuff now - it never convinces
anybody of anything. Just ****es 'em off.

There's nothing "ad hominem" about comments directed towards
Morkie the Moron, KB9RQZ. His CV of idiocity is volumous.

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 12th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Dee Flint wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
I should have said "4WD" instead of "Chevrolet".

That doesn't work either. That comparison would be like comparing a
straight key to an electronic keyer.

It works perfectly. A 4WD could save your life when
it would be lost in a 2WD. So why shouldn't the
government mandate ownership of 4WD's only?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 12th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Dee Flint wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
I should have said "4WD" instead of "Chevrolet".

That doesn't work either. That comparison would be like comparing a
straight key to an electronic keyer.

It works perfectly. A 4WD could save your life when
it would be lost in a 2WD. So why shouldn't the
government mandate ownership of 4WD's only?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Still doesn't work since the FCC doesn't mandate use of CW.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 13th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Dee Flint wrote:
Still doesn't work since the FCC doesn't mandate use of CW.

But it does mandate ownership of CW. Think about it.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 13th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Cecil Moore wrote:
Dee Flint wrote:
Still doesn't work since the FCC doesn't mandate use of CW.

But it does mandate ownership of CW. Think about it.

Should have been: But it does mandate ownership of
a CW modem.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old September 13th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Dee Flint wrote:
Still doesn't work since the FCC doesn't mandate use of CW.

But it does mandate ownership of CW. Think about it.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Not if you're not into amateur radio.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 13th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Dee Flint wrote:

Still doesn't work since the FCC doesn't mandate use of CW.

But it does mandate ownership of CW. Think about it.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Not if you're not into amateur radio.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Dee

Keep beating that horse. It may be dead, but I'm sure that with your
enthusiastic efforts it will be on its feet in no time.

tom
K0TAR
Old September 17th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"Barry OGrady" wrote in message
Code has been eliminated completely as a requirement for amateur radio
since 2 years ago, and its not coming back. I have a full call with no
code.

Barry

While that is true in your country, it is not yet true here. The
international conference simply left it up to each individual country as to
whether or not to require it.

Dee, N8UZE