Old September 11th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

Or just lazy people out?

Sc
Old September 11th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Off the wall comment.
I learned code in 1956 and haven't had to use it yet.
Al

"Slow Code" wrote in message
link.net...

Or just lazy people out?

Sc

Old September 11th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Allan9 wrote:
Off the wall comment.
I learned code in 1956 and haven't had to use it yet.
Al

I learned in 30 years later. Used it 1.5 times. Not worth the effort.

Old September 11th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

wrote:
and makes the ARS look realy stpupid to most outsiders

Not nearly as stupid as most of the postings of the Inferior Five on
rrap.

You know who I'm referring to.

Old September 11th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

The Morse test neither helps nor hinders... It is simply another
barrier to be overcome by the motivated... If it weren't for such
barriers we would all have certificates as neurosurgeons...
If the feds want to drop CW, fine by me... If you want to discuss it
look for me on the bottom end of 160 and 80...

denny / k8do

Old September 12th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

"Allan9" wrote in
:

Off the wall comment.
I learned code in 1956 and haven't had to use it yet.
Al

You probably don't remember your callsign either, or do you prefer using a CB
handle?

SC
Old September 12th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

"Slow Code" wrote in message
. net...
"Allan9" wrote in
:

Off the wall comment.
I learned code in 1956 and haven't had to use it yet.
Al

You probably don't remember your callsign either, or do you prefer using a
CB
handle?

SC

I learned sufficient code to gain my upgrade to General in 2005 and passed
the written test the same evening. I have no interest in using code further.
I may change my mind on that later, but given my advanced years, the point
may be moot. My primary interest as a Ham is in fiddling with antennas, only
one of the 11 antennas scattered about my 7 acres was purchased. There are 5
at my detached shop/shack and 6 more back at the house to use when I desire
air conditioning while pursuing my hobby. Three of these are indoor dipoles
for use when bad weather threatens, as it often does here in southern
Oklahoma. I hope all you other gentlemen continue to enjoy the access to the
Amateur Bands allowed by what ever license class you possess.

Harold
KD5SAK

Old September 15th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

I'll agree with you 100%. I have a Tech license and enjoy the hobby very
much. I plan on upgrading to General once the code issue is settled. I have
always heard that "If you don't use it, you lose it". I have no interest in
the code so why should I not be allowed to enjoy Ham radio. BTW, my CB
license years back was KLW4194..

"kd5sak" wrote in message
.. .

"Slow Code" wrote in message
. net...
"Allan9" wrote in
:

Old September 15th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Slow Code wrote:
Or just lazy people out?

Sc

I wish it would keep all you "non antenna related" goofballs
out of the antenna newsgroup. Why don't you all get some
kind of life on a group that pertains to stuff like that. IE: misc..
MK

Old September 16th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

"ken foshee" wrote in
:

I'll agree with you 100%. I have a Tech license and enjoy the hobby very
much. I plan on upgrading to General once the code issue is settled. I
have always heard that "If you don't use it, you lose it". I have no
interest in the code so why should I not be allowed to enjoy Ham radio.
BTW, my CB license years back was KLW4194..

That's why you'll never be an asset to the ham radio service. You're too
lazy to be an asset.

SC

shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 08:19 PM
178 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 November 22nd 04 04:49 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews Shortwave 0 June 25th 04 07:32 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews General 0 June 25th 04 07:29 PM
214 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (09-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 April 10th 04 06:59 PM