Old October 20th 06, 09:29 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic!

On 19 Oct 2006 19:36:33 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
On 19 Oct 2006 07:34:27 -0700,
wrote:

why do you presume to think they don't read len ader particualrly

Because he's a non-stakeholder who has been blatantly abusing his right
to comment on matters before the FCC involving the amateur service for
years. A presumption based on applied common sense and experience.

where has he iditeifed himself as a no stakeholder as far as I know
he is a citizen?

We can all toss comments at all NPRMs, that's not the point. The topic
under discussion is Anderson's behavior during ham NPRM commenting
periods and the way the FCC probably handles his "comments".

and for some reason you chose to imply that Len coments are treated
differently than say mine
As far as
stakes go Anderson himself made it transparently clear years ago that
he has no stake whatsoever in the regulation of the amateur radio
service when he stated that he is not a ham and does not have any
intention of becoming a ham in the future.

and what has that got to do with anythiung at all

and what abuse?

Flooding the FCC with 200 comments on one ham radio NPRM is juvenile
and abusive behavior every way you look at it. And it's not in the
direction of supporting the cause of you NCTAs.

sas I understand he filed one coment during the main period and a
bunch (i'll accept your count till len says different) of reply coment
in the period set aside for that

that is on paper at aleast how the system is suposed to work

doing things the right way is abusive in your mind?

did you read a different constituions than I

Again that's not the point, the point is how his submissions are
regarded and dealt with after the FCC has processed them in accordance
with all the laws under which they operate.

it is precisely the point

You gotta be as naive as a
newborn if you think the FCC attaches as much value to any of
Anderson's nonsense as they do, for instance, to the inputs submitted
by the ARRL.

and where was it claimed that Len was taken as seriously as the ARRL
he should have been in theory but that is theory

nope they know full well they wait long and someone will mount a legal
chalenge to code testing and that will be that

Could be but until somebody actually lays down the cash it takes to
mount the challenge you're waiting for y'all behave yourself Colonel
and stay above 30 Mhz.

indeed the cash is problem I was well on the way leading to the NPRM
then the backer back out thinking the FCC is finaly goign to take care
it

Usta be's, shoulda done's and could've beens are a dime a dozen, you
either walk the walk or you don't.

your point? that one should waste money forcing the FCC to act in
accordance with the laws of the USA?

the longer thay wait the more likely the challange become but they
(the ffc ) are on record as saying it will be out after the onibus and
before the end of the years

Don't let the suspense keep you awake at night.

I don't esp as there is no supense we are just waiting on the dates of
actgion

w3rv

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old October 30th 06, 08:41 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

wrote in
ups.com:

Alun L. Palmer wrote:
Slow Code wrote in news:6tgXg.8071$Y24.103
@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

"Iitoi" wrote in
ink.net:

80M and 40M phone band expansion

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-06-149A1.doc

I don't know if we'll get Mad right away but it's clear the FCC and
the ARRL want to drive all good hams out of the service. Little by
little they'll take away the non-phone portions of the bands and
hand it over to the phone users. Like a frog in a pot of water
that's raised to boiling point, one day us real hams will find we
have to place to communicate on the ham bands that doesn't sound
like Citizens Band.

SC

Here's a reality check.

On 80m the rest of the world, except Canada, has always had phone down
to 3600 as far back as I can remember, and we are merely joining them.
The VE phone ops still have to stay above 3700, I think.

On 40m the international bandplans have phone down to 7040 except in
Region 3 where it is 7030. The only countries that I know of where you
can't use phone down to 7040 are Mexico (7050) and the USA (now 7125
after the change).

US hams outside Region 2 have had phone down to 7075 for years, and I
am on record as suggesting that we should have that in the mainland
US. It's hard to see why not when you actually look at what the rest
of the world is doing.

At the same time countries in Region 1 aren't supposed to get access
to 7100-7200 until the middle of 2007. Many of them already have, but
for those that haven't, a phone subband that goes down to 7125 still
doesn't even reach the top edge of their whole band. Doubtless some of
them will be late in implementing the extra spectrum, so forced split
working will drag on a while longer.

Alun you've been dumping this old whine into the groups for years now
and it's long since worn out. Not that it needs to be explained to you
*again* but the FCC is *protecting* the dx from the hordes of Yanks who
would obliterate the dx if we were allowed to run SSB below 7100.

Dee also explaned it in her immediately preceeding post, read it, give
us a break and internalize it this time then go find something new to
grouse about for the next five years. Maybe by then your chums in the
UK will be able to transceive with you above 7125.

How would you like it if your 40m CW allocation were on frequencies
that were off limits to the DX?

The difference is all about one SSB signal taking up the same amout of
spectrum space as 5-10 CW signals.

On 20m and 15m we still have 50 kHz less phone on each band than all
other countries. Although General and Advanced got bigger phone
subbands on 15 (as well as 80 and 40), the bottom edge of phone didn't
move on 15 (or 20).

73 de Alun, N3KIP

(20wpm Extra, 100% phone op)

There's your real problem.

w3rv

I can work the UK on 40 phone now without going split. They can use 7040-
7200 now. OTOH, who knows when the broadcasters will ever move?

It's a complete crock about protecting the DX. The answer for ragchewers
has always been to use a band that isn't open to where you want to be
protected from, i.e. don't ragchew on an open band unless you want DX
(meaning in this case US hams) to ask to join the QSO (some actually like
it when that happens, you know). It's not really hard for them to find a
band that isn't open to the US.
Old October 30th 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Alun L. Palmer wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:
Alun L. Palmer wrote:
[...]

Sheesh! No wonder Dee says CWGet can't copy it with these guys
interfering each other.

[...]

KH2D and I used to chat on a dead band; 10 meters. Then someone from
Africa would break in for a QSO

CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic! Iitoi Policy 81 November 15th 06 10:59 PM
CW-forever Guys are gonna go balistic! Slow Code Antenna 25 October 30th 06 11:31 PM
i confess Steveo CB 18 December 15th 04 05:20 AM
THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP NEEDS MACHO MEN AND TOUGH GUYS Andre Shortwave 1 July 5th 03 12:03 PM
WHERE ARE ALL THE TOUGH GUYS IN THIS SHORTWAVE NEWSGROUP? LLOYD DAVIES N0VFP General 0 July 4th 03 04:21 PM