Old November 6th 06, 07:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Common courtesy

X-rated Vermonter wrote:

It just so happens that I passed a 20 wpm code test and I think you
are a bozo.

Where's the evidence?

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 6th 06, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On 5 Nov 2006 22:58:48 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote:

X-rated Vermonter wrote:

It just so happens that I passed a 20 wpm code test and I think you
are a bozo.

Where's the evidence?

Steve, K4YZ

++++++++++

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...?licKey=236071

In May 1997 20 wpm was still in effect.

K1XV the X-rated Vermonter
Old November 6th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

X-rated Vermonter wrote:

It just so happens that I passed a 20 wpm code test and I think you
are a bozo.

Where's the evidence?

Steve, K4YZ

++++++++++

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...?licKey=236071

In May 1997 20 wpm was still in effect.

K1XV the X-rated Vermonter

No...Where's the evidence of Slow Code being a bozo...?!?!

(And I passed the 20WPM when I still had to send, too...)

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 6th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Slow Code wrote:
If all the seats are taken at a club meeting and a 20wpm code tested Extra
is standing, a no-code ham should give their seat to the Extra and sit
on the floor. After saluting of course.

SC

Andy writes:

A FINE idea. And if the Extra needs to go to the restroom for some
reason, the no-code should accompany him with a roll of tissue and
assist in His endeavors.......

It's innovative ideas like yours that bring inspiration and, dare I
say it, PRIDE to those who have joined the ranks of Amateur Radio.
And I am shocked, I tell you, shocked, at the attempts of our
members to discredit what is obviously a very inventive
personality.....

There's no doubt in my mind that you could be another
"Larry the Cable Guy" if you set your mind to it. The world has
far too many Einsteins and not nearly enough Howard Deans, and
you might have a ready made niche.....

No one here thinks more highly of you than I ,

Andy

Old November 6th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

X-rated Vermonter wrote:

It just so happens that I passed a 20 wpm code test and I think you
are a bozo.

Where's the evidence?

Steve, K4YZ

++++++++++

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...?licKey=236071

In May 1997 20 wpm was still in effect.

K1XV the X-rated Vermonter

No...Where's the evidence of Slow Code being a bozo...?!?!

(And I passed the 20WPM when I still had to send, too...)

Steve, K4YZ

++++++++++++
I think a review of Slow Code's many posts on this and related issues
make it self evident.

Old November 6th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 08:42:10 -0500, X-rated Vermonter
wrote:

No...Where's the evidence of Slow Code being a bozo...?!?!

(And I passed the 20WPM when I still had to send, too...)

Steve, K4YZ

++++++++++++
I think a review of Slow Code's many posts on this and related issues
make it self evident.

exchanges like this make the notion SC is K4YZ look awfully likely

Prototypical example of the old saying, "A Legend In His Own Mind".

Harold
KD5SAK

Old November 7th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

X-rated Vermonter wrote in
:

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 01:16:08 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

X-rated Vermonter wrote in
m:

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 23:58:09 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

If all the seats are taken at a club meeting and a 20wpm code tested
Extra is standing, a no-code ham should give their seat to the Extra
and sit on the floor. After saluting of course.

SC
++++++++
You have been drinking too much sloe gin.

Please wipe the seat after you get off to sit on the floor.

Thanks.

SC

+++++++++
It just so happens that I passed a 20 wpm code test and I think you
are a bozo.

If you're really a code tested Extra, why do you want to dumb down ham
radio? You should help me push for better radio exams by supporting an
increase in speed of the code requirement. If we can get rid of the
no-codes and nickle hams, test everyone up to 13 and 20wpm, no one will
have to sit on the floor at club meetings anymore.

SC
Old November 7th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"AndyS" wrote in
oups.com:

Andy writes:

A FINE idea. And if the Extra needs to go to the restroom for some
reason, the no-code should accompany him with a roll of tissue and
assist in His endeavors.......

I like it, but there's only one problem. No-codes don't use toilet paper.

Somebody is going to have to Elmer them on how to wipe a butt and since
it's your idea....

SC
Old November 7th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 00:58:31 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

X-rated Vermonter wrote in
:

[...]

I don't want to dumb down amateur radio, but you very much want to.
You see, amateur radio is supposed to be about advancement of the art,
and preparing and maintaining a civilian population with contemporary
communications skills Mandating a mode that has fallen completely out
of military and commercial use as obsolete is contrary to the concept
of advancement of the art. It is as if blood letting was a required
course for a medical degree.

Code is fine for those who like that mode. I use it at least once a
month. However, it is no longer the mode that is best in weak signal
conditions, or that uses the narrowest band width for effective
communication. PSK31 runs circles around code. And guess
what....many of the most fervent code guys I know cheat and use
computers to print the received code on a screen, and a keyboard to
allow the computer to generate their sending.

An amateur extra exam these days covers information a lot more current
than that on the exam just a few decades ago. Perhaps instead of
harping on code as some indicator of intelligence, you should direct
your efforts to having all hams retested on license renewal, to make
sure they continue to be current with the state of the art in amateur
radio. Or do you believe that de Forest era vacuum tubes are more
relevant to amateur radio in the 21st century than integrated
circuits?
Old November 7th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

X-rated Vermonter wrote in message
[...]

He's still trying to homebrew his first spark-gap transmitter.

Common courtesy Slow Code Antenna 29 November 14th 06 01:54 AM
Common courtesy Slow Code Homebrew 28 November 14th 06 01:54 AM
Common courtesy Slow Code Policy 29 November 14th 06 01:54 AM
What Do Twistedhed and Dave Hall have in common? Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup CB 5 December 30th 03 11:41 PM
Common sense applied Ragnar Otterstad Dx 0 December 3rd 03 11:52 AM