Old November 12th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default 400mhz Public Safety

I'm trying to figure out the encryption on our local Sheriffs department
400mhz public safety band, our local dispatcher goes to 100 to switch
to the encryption, it garbles the transmissions to the normal scanner
user I use 2 hand helds a Pro-93 and a Uniden BC80XLT. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Karn
Old November 12th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Karnaj" wrote in message
I'm trying to figure out the encryption on our local Sheriffs department
400mhz public safety band, our local dispatcher goes to 100 to switch to
the encryption, it garbles the transmissions to the normal scanner user I
use 2 hand helds a Pro-93 and a Uniden BC80XLT. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Karn

If you're in the U.S., any help to do that would be illegal.

Bill Crocker

Old November 12th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Bill Crocker wrote:
If you're in the U.S., any help to do that would be illegal.

Bill Crocker

Thank you I didn't know that.

Karn
Old November 12th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Incorrect .... knowledge is NOT illegal, its the implementaion of such
knowledge

example --- knowing HOW to build a BOMB is not illegal, Building one
IS.

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
. ..

Old November 12th 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Bill Crocker wrote:
So you're saying if you advise him how to accomplish his goal, and he gets
busted by the Feds, you could not be charged as an accomplist?

Bill Crocker

I was asking for knowledge first of all because I've never heard of that
encryption before. I don't need to listen to it, I was trying to get
info on it never heard of that encryption before. Where I used to live
didn't Excrypt their traffic at all. Bill seriously take a breather.
Old November 12th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Bill Crocker" wrote in message
I'm not upset, or mad, I'm just trying to keep you out of trouble. As you
said, you didn't know. Besides my comment was to labtech1.

Bill Crocker

"Karnaj" wrote in message
Bill Crocker wrote:
So you're saying if you advise him how to accomplish his goal, and he
gets busted by the Feds, you could not be charged as an accomplist?

Bill Crocker

I was asking for knowledge first of all because I've never heard of that
encryption before. I don't need to listen to it, I was trying to get

info
on it never heard of that encryption before. Where I used to live

didn't
Excrypt their traffic at all. Bill seriously take a breather.

I thought that the legality of owning unscramblers was made on a
state-by-state basis, there do you get this "Fed" crap?

HJ

Old November 13th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"labtech1" wrote in message
It is a FEDERAL crime to 'use' a descrambler to intercept transmissions

that
are NOT your own. Hence.... if you owned a taxi cab company and wanted to
scramble your transmissions to the cars.... you can legally do it.

However
if you 'used' that descrambler/ scrambler system to intercept police or
another business transmissions you are in violation
of the law.

When did the gov't. pass this law and who enforces it?

Don't say the FCC because they only regulate transmitters, not receivers.

HJ