Old November 16th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Adios

John Ferrell wrote in
:

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:32:19 -0800, KD6EVM
wrote:

Long time subscriber saying adios....

When the BS outweighs practical communication, the longtimers vacate.

Those of you who bemone the rise of ebay have destroyed the alternative
with your whining and petty bickering. Good job!

Just take a little vacation.
Noise is simply a problem to deal with. Perhaps we should add another
Q code, QBS!
When I first got on the air with a very shakey rig I heard someone
call "CQ CQ no LIDS KIDS or SPACE CADETS" and I realized that not all
HAMS would live up to my expectations.

Filters are your friends both on the radio and the internet.
John Ferrell W8CCW

I know what you're both saying is true. Since ham radio has been dumbed
down I'm hearing a lot more Lids, Kids, and space cadets on the ham bands
too and radio's don't come with Lid filters. We need to keep CW and
increase the speed requirement to somewhere 13 and 20 wpm. We can't risk
dumbing down the service further.

Tnx, 73, Good luck in the contest.

SC

Old November 16th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

"Slow Code" wrote in message

I know what you're both saying is true. Since ham radio has been dumbed
down I'm hearing a lot more Lids, Kids, and space cadets on the ham bands
too and radio's don't come with Lid filters. We need to keep CW and
increase the speed requirement to somewhere 13 and 20 wpm. We can't risk
dumbing down the service further.

Can't happen because it's not P.C. (politically correct). Would you want to
be guilty of discrimination against retarded CBers? Hell no! So chill,
dude.

HJ

Old November 16th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

I know what you're both saying is true. Since ham radio has been dumbed
down I'm hearing a lot more Lids, Kids, and space cadets on the ham bands
too and radio's don't come with Lid filters. We need to keep CW and
increase the speed requirement to somewhere 13 and 20 wpm. We can't risk
dumbing down the service further.

Tnx, 73, Good luck in the contest.

SC

An unwanted signal is QRM...
Times are changing.
John Ferrell W8CCW
Old November 17th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

"honestjohn" wrote in
news

"Slow Code" wrote in message

I know what you're both saying is true. Since ham radio has been dumbed
down I'm hearing a lot more Lids, Kids, and space cadets on the ham
bands too and radio's don't come with Lid filters. We need to keep CW
and increase the speed requirement to somewhere 13 and 20 wpm. We
can't risk dumbing down the service further.

Can't happen because it's not P.C. (politically correct). Would you
want to be guilty of discrimination against retarded CBers? Hell no!
So chill, dude.

HJ

Definition of Political Correctness:

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous old media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the
clean end.

Old November 17th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
"honestjohn" wrote in
news

"Slow Code" wrote in message

I know what you're both saying is true. Since ham radio has been dumbed
down I'm hearing a lot more Lids, Kids, and space cadets on the ham
bands too and radio's don't come with Lid filters. We need to keep CW
and increase the speed requirement to somewhere 13 and 20 wpm. We
can't risk dumbing down the service further.

Can't happen because it's not P.C. (politically correct). Would you
want to be guilty of discrimination against retarded CBers? Hell no!
So chill, dude.

HJ

Definition of Political Correctness:

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous old media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the
clean end.

I agree! But you can't fight the liberal faggot tide, just relax and enjoy
the PC ass-****in.

HJ

Old November 17th 06, 08:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
"honestjohn" wrote in
news

"Slow Code" wrote in message

I know what you're both saying is true. Since ham radio has been dumbed
down I'm hearing a lot more Lids, Kids, and space cadets on the ham
bands too and radio's don't come with Lid filters. We need to keep CW
and increase the speed requirement to somewhere 13 and 20 wpm. We
can't risk dumbing down the service further.

Can't happen because it's not P.C. (politically correct). Would you
want to be guilty of discrimination against retarded CBers? Hell no!
So chill, dude.

HJ

Definition of Political Correctness:

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous old media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the
clean end.
///////////////////////////////////

Hmmmmmmmmm

Not unlike what Katie Couric and Matt Lauer do on a daily basis. Or, for
that matter, what CBS, NBC, ABC, and CNN do daily.
When a Republican goes awry, the Media plasters it on Page One. When a
drunken Democrat does so, the Media lauds the Democrat for "getting help"
and calls it a "Courageous Step."
Chappaquiddick, anybody? Mary Jo Kopechne ring any bells?
Now, when it comes to "picking up a turd by the clean end", which end would
that put Senator Kennedy on?

Old November 18th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave

"honestjohn" wrote in
et:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
"honestjohn" wrote in
news

"Slow Code" wrote in message

[...]

No. Don't wimp out. Fight while you can.

SC

Adios KD6EVM Equipment 12 November 18th 06 01:20 AM
Adios Slow Code Policy 6 November 18th 06 01:20 AM
Adios Slow Code Swap 0 November 15th 06 12:41 AM