Old November 29th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Pro 97 some chanels work, some don't

I have a Radio Shack Pro 97

Right now all that I am getting are my VHF frequencies and not my
800mhz.

I noticed that the VHF have a + below the chanel number and the 800
have a - (minus).

What did I push to create this problem? And how do I undo my mistake.

Thanks
Dave

Old November 30th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Thedave wrote:
I have a Radio Shack Pro 97

Right now all that I am getting are my VHF frequencies and not my
800mhz.

I noticed that the VHF have a + below the chanel number and the 800
have a - (minus).

What did I push to create this problem? And how do I undo my mistake.

Thanks
Dave

Dave,

The "+" is the OPEN MODE. The scanner scans signals transmitted in all
systems.

The "-" the scanner stops on the signals that have an ID code that you
programmed into the scanner. Like a number for a talkgroup for Motorola
scanning. If you are scanning an EDACS system, you MUST have the
frequencies in the correct order, usually what I do is place the EDACS
system in one bank and start the bank, leaving the top channel in the
bank empty. Like bank # 3, channel 300 is left unprogrammed.

To change the "-" to a "+" press MANUAL, press FUNC the use the up/down
arrows to select the bank.

Press FUNC the 5. The screen should say "bank open" or "bank closed".

Hope this helps.

BTW, you might want to consider the best software anywhere for your
scanner, so you don't have to program your scanner manually.

Here is the link, just click on WIN97.

http://www.starrsoft.com/

Old November 30th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

In article .com,
"dave" wrote:

I have a Radio Shack Pro 97

Right now all that I am getting are my VHF frequencies and not my
800mhz.

I noticed that the VHF have a + below the chanel number and the 800
have a - (minus).

What did I push to create this problem? And how do I undo my mistake.

Thanks
Dave

Select the bank with the - sign under it and press the F key and then
the . (Dot/Delay) key to open (+) & close (-) the bank. A Open Bank
receives all talk groups and conventional transmissions regardless of
settings. A closed trunked system receives only talk groups in your talk
group list and a closed conventional system will only receive
transmissions on channels with PL's or DCS set to a certain PL.

For example

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- + + + - + - + + +

Bank 0 and 6 are closed

Bank 0 is a closed conventional bank

000 CT 460.475 100.0
001 FM 460.075
002 DC 153.770 021

Only transmissions with a PL 100.0 on channel 000 will be recieved,
all transmissions on 001 will be received even if they have a PL or DC
code. In channel 002 only transmisssions with a DC code of 021 will be
received by the radio.

Bank 6 that is closed is a Motorola Type II system

600 MO 856.7775
601 MO 857.7775
602 MO 858.7775
600 MO 859.7775

Two Talk Groups IDS are entered into the talk groups list
58800 Police Dispatach
58816 Police Tactical

Only the two talk groups will be heard and all other talk groups will be
ignored.

When a bank is open (+) all transmissions will be heard regardlesss of
talk groups ID's or PL/DCS codes used.

To listen to one talk group wait for activity on the talk group and
press the PSE key to *PAUSE* the radio.

HTH,

Keith