Old June 11th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Public has almost no access to new police radios

I live in the upscale part of town, too, but even then, I can't get a cop
even when I need one, unless they are raising funds. I had a pair of cops
come TO MY DOOR with the "fraternal order of police"-crap. I once waited
FOUR HOURS for a stray dog call, and finally brought the dog to the local
park ranger on foot (I can't drive). My friend had his van broken into, and
the answer from the police was "we're too busy".
Where do you live? I live in Asheville, NC.

I lived in Spring Lake for about a year ( 82nd airborne ) but that
was a long time ago. it always seems like places back east are
" enormously " different than living out here. seemingly nicer and
much quieter in many ways. NC has also grown a lot since I lived
there as well.

I live in a smallish ( agricultural ) town for this state , only a
little over a million people here ( legal ones , maybe another
300K total illegals in the county ) . many people live here
for the ( hahahah ) lower relative living costs and commute to the
mega metros for work ( 10's of millions ) . I think the S.F. metro
is about the same size as the entire population of NC and the L.A.
metro probably about 2 1/2 times the S.F. metro. of course add
another 28 to 36 % on top of those values for the illegals.
we have WAY too many people and WAY too much over crowding
here and as a result we have the typical policing issues that go with
all those people.

here in my town we have " traffic " task forces that set up road
checks in different parts of town every weekend and during the week as
well. during an average traffic check point , they get around 10 -
12 drunk drivers and tow about 150 cars. one out of every 4 and
sometimes one out of every 3 cars they check have insurance, D.L.
or registration issues and they ticket the driver and impound their
car until they fix the problem. this and they only stop every 4th or
5th car because of the traffic backing up . h aha hah aha
I've noticed that they do seem to " wave through " older drivers in
expensive cars most of the time and don't mess with those types of
vehicles, but if you've got an older , beat , car ...... look out jack
!! the city does have " swarms " of motorcycle ( 10, 15, 20 at a
time ) cops that will blanket parts of town and hammer drivers.
our part of town seems like a favorite place for them to " hang " too
! ya yahahah a we need it tho, drivers out here have become
increasingly " psycho " and people blatantly and intentionally pull
out in front of you, run red lights , and run stop signs ( to mention
a few ) to such a degree that I can't explain how bad it's gotten.
if I told you, you wouldn't believe me , but it's totally shocking
how driving quality has degenerated here. it's far worse , too, here
than in the larger metros for some reason. just too many of the " ME ,
get the hell out of my way " people in these parts.

think about this too .........

where you live there are lush wild forests and beautiful fauna.
a nice , natural, outdoors type place at the edge of the local
forested mountains.

where I live is a little bit different. it's filled with lush green
as well. palm trees, citrus, pit fruit, grapes, and towns filled
with every imaginable fragrant flower and plant , this ....all year
around .... also at the edge of lush mountain giant redwood
forests ....

nearly a paradise of color and fragrance. the most beautiful place
man can " imagine " to live in ..... this is the place. kewl huh
???..... WELL maybe not ........

if " man " didn't live here and irrigate the place , it's natural
state is a wide deep ( 14,600' mountains on the east side,
1,800' mountains and ocean on the west side ) TOTALLY
barren desert with almost no plants of any kind. maybe a few
tumbleweeds and scraggly oak trees in the few wet spots.

" the most beautiful place man can " imagine " to live in " is the
key part of this. this entire place is TOTALLY synthetic. NONE of
these exotic plants would be here if man didn't bring them here and
plant them. NONE of these plants ( for the most part ) would grow
together in the wild , anywhere on the planet. man imagines this
place and creates it from their desire to be surrounded by fragrance
and lush tropical plants. every where you look , everything you see
is a totally manmade , " created " , imaginary environment. perfect
lush green little golf course type yards, places filled with massive
palm trees, fragrant coastal juniper, magnolia, dozens of kinds of
eucalyptus, loquat and giant fern trees cover the landscape. a
complete " synthetic " paradise !!! when I sit out back on my
veranda in my jacuzzi ( hah aha ) every day and look out at the
neighborhood , I see quite a different environment than people back
east see. it's beautiful for sure, the flower and tree fragrances are
fantastic ... BUT ....
it's " all that " ... except when you think about it , there is a
slightly ODD tilt to it all ....... it's a little bit twisted if you
allow your mind go there , isn't it ! yayayay ahah ah ah a
California IS different for sure ...... but is that necessarily a
good thing ??? hummmmmmm ...

Old June 11th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:34:44 -0400, "Mindraker" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 06:27:54 -0400, "Mindraker" wrote:

I live in the upscale part of town, too, but even then, I can't get a cop
even when I need one, unless they are raising funds. I had a pair of cops
come TO MY DOOR with the "fraternal order of police"-crap. I once waited
FOUR HOURS for a stray dog call, and finally brought the dog to the local
park ranger on foot (I can't drive). My friend had his van broken into,
and
the answer from the police was "we're too busy".
Where do you live? I live in Asheville, NC.

2 events that are hardly 911 calls. Stray dog, you should have called
animal
control. If the robbers weren't there tearing the van open when you called.
it's just a cold case.

Who said we called 911?

You called someone on both cases. Your words. plus the reference 911 =
urgent. Of which neither one was a 911 call.
The van, only thing you'd do is fill out a stolen property report [at the
station].
Both cases you expected more than what the police are paid to do. And if as
you say they're stretched to breaking with a high crime area, the answers
make perfect sense.

Your misintepretation. Their website even gives a number to call in the
event of stray animals. Get over it, you misread the post.

Businessman helps police hide from public zerg90 Scanner 0 January 31st 07 04:17 PM
Need frequencies for Battle lake police and Henning Police, Minnesota [email protected] Scanner 7 October 25th 05 11:10 PM
Echolink access gascoyne Equipment 3 June 30th 05 09:34 PM
Unauthorized Access Steveo CB 3 October 19th 04 09:01 PM
Access flooring Jerry McCarty Boatanchors 0 October 15th 03 12:50 PM