Old June 30th 05, 05:05 AM
gascoyne

Default Echolink access

Hi

I am new to amateur radio so I am having to get used to the new technology.
I use a Yaesu FT-8800E.

I can access local repeaters but nothing happens if I try to turn on
repeaters which are further afield.

I am also having problems turning on Echolinks. I have tried to use the
Echolink frequency 145.2875. I key the mic and type into the mic and nearly
always get a message saying the link does not exist. I have tried links
which have just been closed down so I know the node exists. I always type
in a # before the number but I wondered if there were any further settings I
needed to adjust.

I hope someone can help.

Mick

Old June 30th 05, 05:17 AM
STEVE TROOK

First you need to know if there are any special access codes to enter.
The possibility of the machine not hearing all your codes....either you
are entering too fast or too slow for the machine. Check with the node
owner.

Old June 30th 05, 02:32 PM
Leon

Try accessing the nodes via your PC.

73, Leon

Old June 30th 05, 09:34 PM
Brad

If your signal to the node is in any way noisy and you are sending long
tones, the decoder may read that as several tones of the same digit. I hear
it here. Some people think that pressing that button longer will help, but
instead of a "4" the decoder gets "4444".

Try nodes with stronger, cleaner signals. Improve your own antenna setup if
you are having problems with distant repeaters.

Brad.

gascoyne wrote:
Hi

I am new to amateur radio so I am having to get used to the new
technology.
I use a Yaesu FT-8800E.

I can access local repeaters but nothing happens if I try to turn on
repeaters which are further afield.

I am also having problems turning on Echolinks. I have tried to use the
Echolink frequency 145.2875. I key the mic and type into the mic and
nearly
always get a message saying the link does not exist. I have tried links
which have just been closed down so I know the node exists. I always
type
in a # before the number but I wondered if there were any further
settings I
needed to adjust.

I hope someone can help.

Mick

Here's Your Answer, Todd.... K4YZ Policy 104 May 9th 05 09:43 AM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Straight Talk on Access BPL Len Over 21 Policy 0 March 15th 04 09:12 PM
Global Access Radio Ready for Market Mike Terry Shortwave 8 September 18th 03 11:56 AM