Old March 29th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Older scanners + Vintage

Does anyone know of a website that sells vintage and/or older radio
scanners that are known to work. I want to get a desktop radio scanner
(already have the Uniden BR330T Portable) but I don't want to pay
$100+ for a brand new scanner. Any older scanners that cover 800MHZ
non-trunking? Another counties police dispatch uses 800MHZ non-
trunking. I don't really care for eBay, because I don't 100% know if I
can trust it or not, so I want something from one single person or
group like most Internet shopping sites. Hopefully the site accepts
money orders also. Thanks for suggestions.

Old March 29th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Mar 28, 7:58 pm, "RedPenguin" wrote:
Does anyone know of a website that sells vintage and/or older radio
scanners that are known to work. I want to get a desktop radio scanner
(already have the Uniden BR330T Portable) but I don't want to pay
$100+ for a brand new scanner. Any older scanners that cover 800MHZ
non-trunking? Another counties police dispatch uses 800MHZ non-
trunking. I don't really care for eBay, because I don't 100% know if I
can trust it or not, so I want something from one single person or
group like most Internet shopping sites. Hopefully the site accepts
money orders also. Thanks for suggestions.

In case anyone wants to flame or get mad, I did search Google and
Froogle.

Old April 1st 07, 07:59 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"RedPenguin" wrote in
oups.com:

Does anyone know of a website that sells vintage and/or older radio
scanners that are known to work. I want to get a desktop radio scanner
(already have the Uniden BR330T Portable) but I don't want to pay
$100+ for a brand new scanner. Any older scanners that cover 800MHZ
non-trunking? Another counties police dispatch uses 800MHZ non-
trunking. I don't really care for eBay, because I don't 100% know if I
can trust it or not, so I want something from one single person or
group like most Internet shopping sites. Hopefully the site accepts
money orders also. Thanks for suggestions.

Bout the only thing I can think of is try your local craigslist, scanners are
usually up there from time to time.
Besides ebay theres not much options unless you happen to run into one at a
flea market/garage sale or something.
Even then, for a decent old desktop like the pro 2005/06, plan on paying more
than $100 anyhow.