Old April 10th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Poll yahoogroups to allow new moderators to be appointed

We in the mvt7100 radio scanner group are fed up with spam.

The group was formed before spam like this was an issue and as
mvt9000 moderator I delete spammers membership every week
and make all new posts go through me for 3 months.

I have emailed the moderator of the group mvt7100 for the last two
years and have received no replies at all in that time.

So effectively one can assume they have ceased interest in the group.

For the last two years I have pleaded with yahoogroups to implement
a scheme where new moderators can be appointed and have sent them
copies of my emails to the mvt7100 moderator, I told them that not one
of them have been answered.

I sent my resume as a responsible appointee

They still say to make a NEW GROUP as there is no way Yahoo can help.

We have done that at mvt-7100 new group

Most like me have been group members for years .

WHY IN THE HECK SHOULD SPAMMERS KILL OUR HOBBY
GROUPS, MAKE YAHOO A MORE RESPONSIBLE HOST SITE.

If enough members of groups go and email yahoo to tell them to stop spam
then maybe they will come up with an easy solution to use.

I can suggest an easy method for yahoogroups to use but they are
a Multinational and have heaps of brain power.

Just tell them to use change it now ,not later when we have all changed to
using other hosts for a spam free group messages.

Power is in the amount of emails yahoo gets.

Just copy and send this one

Old April 10th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"RayC" wrote in message
We in the mvt7100 radio scanner group are fed up with spam.

snip
I have never been to either group, but it sounds to me like you have a
slight ego problem. If enough people in the one group are bothered by spam,
start another group where it will not be allowed. Post in the first group a
link to your new spam free group. If there is not enough people interested
to come to your new group, trying to get Yahoo to force you to be the
moderator is not an answer. If not enough people are willing to leave the
one group to come to yours, then it tells me, you need to see why people are
not interested in your groups.
--
25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels
from everything and let nature take care of the problem.

Peter Weisbach

Old April 14th 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

DAH read the message and digest, no moderator for 4 years.

That is why a good groups is dying.

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:56:28 +1200, "RayC"
wrote:

WHY IN THE HECK SHOULD SPAMMERS KILL OUR HOBBY
GROUPS, MAKE YAHOO A MORE RESPONSIBLE HOST SITE.

Because opinions are like a$$h0les. Everyone has one. How is it
Yahoo's job to police their groups?

As Alex said, if you don't like how a moderator is handling a group,
start your own. And see if people move over to it.

Old April 23rd 07, 07:35 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Why are you posting your crap to our group.

We are happy as is.

Burr