Old April 22nd 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Homemade mobile antenna

Hello, I have a Uniden BR330T scanner. I'd like to make a mobile
antenna for it from an old whip antenna that will be cut down to about
16". The diameter at the base of the whip is no more than 1/16".

I'm looking for an adapter (the input on the scanner is of course
female) that I can insert the base of the whip into, and connect it to
the adapter. SMA is preferred, but I'll accept BNC if no such SMA
adapter exists.

Looking at the pictures on websites, I can't tell which adapter would
fit my needs. If anyone could suggest something that will do the job
well, that would be excellent.

Thanks.

Old April 22nd 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

well surely you need one connector one end and another the other.

i would look under the connector name ie BNC to SMA lead

sounds sensible to me

bit like using a seach engine to find the info yourself rather than asking
others...
lots of lazy people around now-a-days;')

mike

oups.com...

homemade antenna [email protected] CB 2 November 28th 06 05:38 PM
Homemade Antenna Tower [email protected] Antenna 25 January 16th 06 09:06 PM
Ideas for a homemade mobile antenna. Chris CB 152 June 24th 04 02:13 AM
Is this homemade antenna OK MC Shortwave 11 April 21st 04 03:29 AM
Homemade AM ferrite antenna question elfa Shortwave 30 November 6th 03 04:02 AM