Old May 10th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

Default scanner in Spider-Man 3?

Anyone catch the model number of the scanner Peter Parker / Spider-Man
had in Spider-Man 3? I caught the Realistic logo and it had 16 lights
representing each channel and the active channel would light up. It
looked like something from the 80s and I doubt it'd be able to track
NYPD's current system.

Old May 10th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

radio shack's site only has 1 scanner called the Patrolman, the Pro-1.
does he have the first scanner they ever made?

Old May 10th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

On 9 May 2007 19:54:50 -0700, TomCat4680 wrote:

Anyone catch the model number of the scanner Peter Parker / Spider-Man
had in Spider-Man 3? I caught the Realistic logo and it had 16 lights
representing each channel and the active channel would light up. It
looked like something from the 80s and I doubt it'd be able to track
NYPD's current system.

That's a crystal controlled scanner, definitely not the 1980s
state-of-the-art.
Old May 10th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

so is it from the 70s? could it monitor NYPD's current system?

Old May 11th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

On 10 May 2007 14:56:32 -0700, TomCat4680 wrote:

so is it from the 70s? could it monitor NYPD's current system?

It cannot negotiate trunk systems. It would work well here in L.A.
County.
Old May 11th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

"TomCat4680" wrote in message
oups.com...
radio shack's site only has 1 scanner called the Patrolman, the Pro-1.
does he have the first scanner they ever made?

I doubt that... I do recall Patrolman, but don't ever recall seeing an
actual model #. I'll have a look this coming weekend, if I remember to...

Old May 11th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

On 9 May 2007 19:54:50 -0700, TomCat4680 wrote:

Anyone catch the model number of the scanner Peter Parker / Spider-Man
had in Spider-Man 3? I caught the Realistic logo and it had 16 lights
representing each channel and the active channel would light up. It
looked like something from the 80s and I doubt it'd be able to track
NYPD's current system.

Is this the booger in question?

http://www.odinn.org/gallery/Scanner...trolman_Pro_16

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Police-S...QQcmdZViewItem
Old May 12th 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

"David" wrote in message
On 9 May 2007 19:54:50 -0700, TomCat4680 wrote:

Anyone catch the model number of the scanner Peter Parker / Spider-Man
had in Spider-Man 3? I caught the Realistic logo and it had 16 lights
representing each channel and the active channel would light up. It
looked like something from the 80s and I doubt it'd be able to track
NYPD's current system.

Is this the booger in question?

http://www.odinn.org/gallery/Scanner...trolman_Pro_16

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Police-S...QQcmdZViewItem

No, looked a LOT closer to this. I'm not 100% positive, but I'm going to
say this was the unit.

http://www.rigpix.com/rs-realistic/realistic_pro48a.htm

In light of this little search, I stumbled upon a VAST WEALTH of Operators
and Service Manuals for scanners of all types. Might want to check it out!

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/bearcatting.html

Old May 12th 07, 04:42 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message

In light of this little search, I stumbled upon a VAST WEALTH of Operators
and Service Manuals for scanners of all types. Might want to check it
out!

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/bearcatting.html

Maybe I spoke too soon... Looks like they were only links to other sites, a
lot of which a now dead... Scavenge what you can still get access to I
guess...

The Nextlink Spider Bill Antenna 0 June 8th 06 08:49 PM
dx spider in windows cp Digital 0 November 21st 03 06:53 PM
dx spider in windows cp Digital 0 November 21st 03 06:53 PM
dx spider in windows cp Dx 0 November 21st 03 06:53 PM
dx spider in windows cp Dx 0 November 21st 03 06:53 PM