Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 12th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default BCD396T Piece of junk or am I missing something?

On Jun 11, 4:00 pm, Evan Platt
wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:19:05 -0700, wrote:
Bought a bcd396t last weekend and was really excited about scanning.
Never owned one or new anything about it. I turned it on and cleared
all memory first, since my area didn't seem to be pre-programmed. I
live in Bay Point CA, 94565. Sat outside my house to see what was
going on on a Saturday night. I did an automatic search for police
activity and had one or two frequencies that gave me some messages
every once in a while. Was hard to understand too by the way

Police use 10 codes, and penal and vehicle codes.

Is this all there is to it, or should it be more exciting? I expected
more action on a Saturday night, especially in my area, but all I got
was a message every once in a while. Or should I not use the automatic
search, because it doesn't work properly?

Is the automatic search able to find all different frequencies, like
trunking, conventional, etc...?

Only conventional.

I guess I'm confused because it didn't give me the action I was hoping
for.

I returned the unit on sunday...very disappointed, but maybe someone
could tell me I'm wrong and I need to do certain things to get this
unit to work.

You'll want to program the 396.

Take a look at RadioReference:http://www.radioreference.com/module...name=RR&stid=6

And select what county Bay Point is in, and enter those frequencies.

I understand that the police uses codes. It's just weird I pick up
only one or two dispatcher calls with a single reply in about half an
hour or so.

Maybe I should ask someone to show me exactly how to program it. Does
the software that you can buy for it program it for you (i.e. arc396)?

buying BCD396T in NYC? [email protected] Scanner 2 March 6th 07 04:33 AM
FT: Uniden BCD396T For SW Reciever DeWayne Scanner 1 February 1st 06 10:59 PM
FS..uniden bcd396t spectro Scanner 0 October 26th 05 05:31 AM
Beware BCD396t AL Scanner 6 September 14th 05 11:52 PM
BCD396T Buzzygirl Scanner 17 July 17th 05 03:51 AM