Old June 29th 05, 12:24 PM
Buzzygirl

Default BCD396T

Monitoring Times gave this a great review... about the only thing the
reviewer didn't like about it was the blue backlight.

Anyone have one? If so, do you find it to be worth the price (which is
pretty high, IMO)?

Jackie

Old June 29th 05, 12:26 PM
Buzzygirl

I feel dumb following up to my own messages... I'm not sure this is even
available yet in stores. If not, then I wonder when it will be available to
the general public.

Jackie

Old June 29th 05, 01:37 PM
Dan Conti

This one looks to be a kick-ass scanner.

Yes, a bit pricey, but loaded with features.

Jeff at THE HAM STATION informs me he will be shipping by the end of the
week and is taking pre-orders now.

Dan

Old June 29th 05, 02:25 PM
Rob

I'd have to agree, I find Blue LEDs hard on the eyes. Especially in low
light conditions. What makes it worse is the plethora of manufacturers
who have jumped on the 'loaded with blue LEDs' bandwagon simply because
they're relatively new to the market.

Rob.

Old June 29th 05, 09:27 PM
Bill Crocker

Scanners Unlimited received their first shipment this week. He clams to
have received a few more than he had back orders for, so if it's not too
late, you might give him a try!

http://www.scannersunlimited.com/

Excellent company to do business with!

Bill Crocker

Old June 29th 05, 11:45 PM
Bruce Markowitz

My local Uniden distributor says his tech could replace that with a
different color. Lets see just how bad it is

Old June 30th 05, 02:35 AM
Bob

I agree, green is fine, as are red and yellow. But that almost
violet-blue colour just burns the eyes.

Hey, at least it's not that damn orange color. I like the blue most of
the time myself, but green is probably the best color..

BDK

Old June 30th 05, 09:55 AM
Bill Crocker

I have a weird problem with red. My wife's Pontiac Grand Prix instrument
panel is illuminated in red, and it always looks a little blurry to me. I
think green is probably the best overall. Remember the "green screen"
monochrome IBM monitors? I actually kind of miss them. Text was sharp!

Bill Crocker

.ca...