Old August 4th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Need some help with an old scanner.

Hi all, I have a radio shack pro 20-43 scanner. Does anyone remember how
to wipe the frequencies out? I am blind and can't remember what keys you
hold down to do this. I know you could hold a key down, then turn the
scanner back on and it would take it back to factory defaults. Thanks for
any help anyone can give on this. Have a nice weekend from Griffin,
Georgia.
Old August 4th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

All righty, I will try holding 2 and 9 down at the same time and see if
that clears out the frequencies out, thanks.

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Evan Platt wrote:

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 21:04:48 -0400, Dana wrote:

Hi all, I have a radio shack pro 20-43 scanner. Does anyone remember how
to wipe the frequencies out? I am blind and can't remember what keys you
hold down to do this. I know you could hold a key down, then turn the
scanner back on and it would take it back to factory defaults. Thanks for
any help anyone can give on this. Have a nice weekend from Griffin,
Georgia.

I believe 2, 9 and scan or 2, 9 and manual. I'll look and see if I can
find confirmation, but that's usually the key combo.

Old August 4th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Dana" wrote in message
x.com...
Hi all, I have a radio shack pro 20-43 scanner. Does anyone remember how
to wipe the frequencies out? I am blind and can't remember what keys you
hold down to do this. I know you could hold a key down, then turn the
scanner back on and it would take it back to factory defaults. Thanks for
any help anyone can give on this. Have a nice weekend from Griffin,
Georgia.

See if it has a place in the back that says reset. Should be a small hole
that you would need to insert a pointed object like a straitened paper clip
in. If it's there try holding clear and push reset at the same time.
--
Mandatory drug screens are great. I think all people who ask for welfare
should have to pass one.

Old August 7th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I forgot to reply back, but it did work. Thanks for your help. I will have
to remember that the next time.

fa scanner Radiosrfun Swap 0 August 1st 07 08:42 PM
Australian Scanner - 24/7 Online Radio Scanner Locked Onto Queensland Police Service [Outer Southern Brisbane Suburbs and Outer Northern Gold Coast Suburbs] VKR Scanner 1 October 3rd 05 02:26 PM
FA PRO-83 Scanner New Rick B Swap 0 November 28th 04 09:00 PM
Scanner recorder want to find the scanner recorder softwhere-Name & where to find-please grateful Scanner 0 April 5th 04 08:03 PM
FA: IC-Q7A transceiver/scanner and BC-780xlt scanner Ruffin Scanner 0 December 27th 03 04:33 AM