Old August 18th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Pay-per-View Freqs

Is it possitble to program in the freq from the audio side of a pay-per-view
event so that you can get the audio side and as least listen to the
announcer's decribe whatever is going on?

--

Organ Donation
The Gift of Life

Old August 24th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"RoKKandY" wrote in message
Is it possitble to program in the freq from the audio side of a
pay-per-view event so that you can get the audio side and as least listen
to the announcer's decribe whatever is going on?

I'm not an expert on this topic, but I'll take a stab at answering the
question for you. I can't guarantee that this information is correct or
up-to-date...

Assuming you have subscribed to the PPV event, the only way I know to get
the audio is to connect the cable to the antenna input on the receiver and
tune in the audio carrier frequency for the PPV channel. I don't know how
easy it will be to find out which channel is used, but you can search for it
using a frequency table such as this one:
http://www.jneuhaus.com/fccindex/cablech.html. I think the audio carrier is
generally located at 4.5 MHz above the video carrier frequency using
wideband FM mode. The carrier frequencies and channels used will depend on
your cable system.

If you're trying to get the PPV audio without subscribing to the event--it
will depend on whether your system broadcasts it in scrambled analog form
regardless of whether you've subscribed to it or not (possibly), or whether
the stream is blocked altogether using a digital system (most likely not
possible).

- Doug

Look At The Positive View Lloyd Roger Policy 1 May 31st 06 05:57 PM
The view from VE W2DNE Policy 2 September 21st 05 12:02 AM
ui-view/TH-D7(G) problems Goog Digital 0 June 17th 05 02:05 PM
A View from Korea Michael Bryant Shortwave 66 May 12th 04 02:15 AM
Will swap QST VIEW dick Swap 0 December 24th 03 12:16 PM