Old June 17th 05, 02:05 PM
Goog

Default ui-view/TH-D7(G) problems

I'm running my own IGATE with a TH-D7(G2.0) HT as a remote. It
digipeats, and pipes the position reports to findu via the
internet. The only problem is that the HT doesn't give me that
soul-satisfying "MY POSITION" message when it hears the digipeat.

By some great misfortune, I happened to run the digipeater with
a mistyped callsign (OH NO!!!), and I didn't get the MY POSITION
message even when the digipeat was running (at low power, off
the internet) under a different callsign at a different location.

The other problem I have with the HT is that under certain
conditions (Data Band: B, 144MHz) the transmit bar display
(actually the battery level) doesn't activate during a packet
transmission. Under any other combination of settings (PTT,
or 440MHz transmission, or Data Band A), the bar display will
activate. Even when the bar display fails to activate, it
transmits, and the red transmit light goes on.

Could these be firmware problems? I have the "upgraded firmware"
version.

Cushcraft AP8A vertical - SWR problems Peter Lemken Antenna 1 August 27th 04 02:12 PM
OT - TELEPHONE PROBLEMS Keith Hosman KC8TCQ CB 0 June 30th 04 11:36 PM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM
BC296D trunking problems Tim Scanner 5 January 17th 04 08:16 AM