Old December 13th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default What is worth listening on scanners?

Please advise what or if anything's worth listening on radio scanners

Old December 13th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

What are your interests? I listen to police, fire, aircraft, marine,
military, schools, some businesses, amateurs, GMRS, FRS, etc. If none of
that interests you, then I guess there is nothing to listen to.

Old December 13th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

i enjoy listening to boats off shore, as i am in So. Cal. on the coast.
sometimes i put in railroad channels.
police and fire is on a lower enjoyment.

Old December 14th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Anything as long as there is NO encryption on the police channels.

http://www.usenet.com
Old December 15th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
You You is offline

In article , chesucat
wrote:

In a Depression, everybody is trying to "off them self", whatever happened
to good ole rugged survivalism?!?

chesucat twitches

It went out when the Pansie State came in.....
Old December 17th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

But CB radio can be really interesting. One night, when I was having
insomnia, I heard some trucker go off on a used car dealership somewhere
in Ontario. His rant literally went on 10 or 15 minutes.

Yeah that probably would help with insomnia - it should put anyone to sleep
real fast :-)

Old December 18th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 10:47:19 -0500, usenet user
wrote:

What are your interests? I listen to police, fire, aircraft, marine,
military, schools, some businesses, amateurs, GMRS, FRS, etc. If none of
that interests you, then I guess there is nothing to listen to.

Well you guys have told me just about everything I knew was out there.
I'll find any of these frequencies interesting if they say interesting
stuff I mean for instance can you tell me what type of stuff you
hear on police, fire, aircraft, military, etc. It seems to me like I'd
fall asleep waiting for something interesting but I don't know.

Police sounds like the most interesting, I know the news reporters are
always listening to that to get the scoop, though I don't live in a
bad area. I live in New York but away from the bad neighborhoods so I
think I'll just pick up chatter about moving violations lol.