Old August 15th 09, 07:00 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Right group?

There use to be a very active scanner group 10 years ago. I thought it was
this one. Can anyone point me to the right place?

Thanks,
Bob

Old August 15th 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Bob wrote:

There use to be a very active scanner group 10 years ago. I thought it
was this one. Can anyone point me to the right place?

This is probably it. It isn't as busy as it once was (the same can be said
of all Usenet newsgroups, I suppose). There's also alt.radio.scanner but it
sees even less traffic.

--
Golan Klinger
Dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.
Old August 15th 09, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Bob wrote:
There use to be a very active scanner group 10 years ago. I thought it was
this one. Can anyone point me to the right place?

Thanks,
Bob

For better or worse, a lot of scanner action and info is now on the
forums at
http://www.radioreference.com/
Old August 16th 09, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Aug 15, 2:00*am, "Bob" wrote:
There use to be a very active scanner group 10 years ago. I thought it was
this one. Can anyone point me to the right place?

Thanks,
Bob

It would be very useful to know where you are - city/county/state will
do. There are literally hundreds of Yahoo based scanning groups these
days - some more active than others. That is, of course, apart from
RadioReference, which seems to be having some DB issues.

73 Mike
Old August 17th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:07:03 -0700 (PDT), ka3jjz
wrote:

On Aug 15, 2:00*am, "Bob" wrote:
There use to be a very active scanner group 10 years ago. I thought it was
this one. Can anyone point me to the right place?

Thanks,
Bob

It would be very useful to know where you are - city/county/state will
do. There are literally hundreds of Yahoo based scanning groups these
days - some more active than others. That is, of course, apart from
RadioReference, which seems to be having some DB issues.

73 Mike

The Internet has messed up scanning just like it has shortwave.

I can go to Radio reference.com, sit here and listen to police fire
city activity almost anywhere in the United States. So why buy a
scanner?

That's not how I feel. I have three scanners now and intend to buy
another one on Wednesday, but many folks do see it that way.

Right now I'm listening to some place in Northwest Missouri about 400
miles from me.

Hello Group [email protected] Swap 6 January 24th 07 05:14 PM
What group am I in?? I thought it was a SWAP Group Daniel Nordman Swap 9 November 12th 06 01:19 AM
What group am I in?? I thought it was a SWAP Group Slow Code General 2 November 12th 06 01:19 AM
What group am I in?? I thought it was a SWAP Group Slow Code Policy 2 November 12th 06 01:19 AM
Yahoo group to flame... keep the group clean please Legal Radio CB 4 April 7th 04 02:31 AM