Old May 29th 10, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Uniden BCD996T Unable to restore any groups after disabling all groups withinin a system

My question is about the Uniden BCD996T scanner. I have a "conventional
system" called Air Traffic which includes four groups for various airports
in my area. Each group contains several frequencies for that airport.
Sometimes, I want to listen to just one airport, not all of them and I use
the group quick key to disable the airports I don't want to listen to.
However, I recently disabled all of the groups within the system and now
apparently there is no way to turn them back on. I keep getting "nothing to
scan" message. I can turn the "system" on and off with it's quick key, but
I can not turn on any of the groups within the system. I use FreeSCAN
software to program the scanner and save backups of my programming. If I
delete the system from the scanner and re-upload it from a file using
FreeSCAN, it works again, but surely there is a better way. If not, this is
a serious bug, because if you ever turn off all the groups within a system,
there is apparently no way to turn them back on again. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

--Jim

Old May 29th 10, 08:19 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

I tried that but it did not seem to solve the problem. Your instructions
were very specific and unambiguous so I am sure I did it exactly the way you
said. Is there any additional step or something I missed because it isn't
working for me. I am using the latest firmware version 3.02.00

Thanks,

--Jim

Uniden Bearcat BCD996T [email protected] Scanner 0 September 2nd 06 03:22 PM
FA: Uniden BCD996T Pin-medic Scanner 0 August 13th 06 04:33 PM
(OT) : Google Groups "BETA" Testing ? - The Rec.Radio.Shortwave Screens have Changed and the System is slowing down ? ? ? RHF Shortwave 0 November 3rd 05 10:15 AM
(OT) Google Groups 2 (BETA) = Yahoo Groups {eGroups} ? RHF Shortwave 3 September 21st 04 09:03 AM
Uniden 245XLT: Cant find Scan groups michaeldr1 Scanner 3 May 1st 04 06:31 AM