Old June 27th 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Modes Questions From Sr. Citizen

Hello,

Am trying to get some data bases in order, and would like to ask the
following, please. Modes, knowing the correct ones, has always been a
bit of a problem for me.

Am in my 70's now, and would appreciate any help, very much.
Still enjoy the hobby a lot, though.

My main question: are the FBI frequencies that are not encrypted
like 163.900 and 170.300 all FM ?

and,

a. Mil Air: I've been assuming AM, but are any bands or
frequencies USB ?

b.HFGCS Mode ?

c.Navy Giant Killer Mode ?

d. Air Refueling Mode ?

e.Norad Huntress Mode ?

f. FEMA Mode ?

g. LODAC (not even sure what it is; might it be LODOC ?) Mode ?

Much thanks,appreciate the help,
Bob
Old June 28th 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Kev Kev is offline

Bob wrote:
Hello,

Am trying to get some data bases in order, and would like to ask the
following, please. Modes, knowing the correct ones, has always been a
bit of a problem for me.

Am in my 70's now, and would appreciate any help, very much.
Still enjoy the hobby a lot, though.

My main question: are the FBI frequencies that are not encrypted
like 163.900 and 170.300 all FM ?

and,

a. Mil Air: I've been assuming AM, but are any bands or
frequencies USB ?

b.HFGCS Mode ?

c.Navy Giant Killer Mode ?

d. Air Refueling Mode ?

e.Norad Huntress Mode ?

f. FEMA Mode ?

g. LODAC (not even sure what it is; might it be LODOC ?) Mode ?

Much thanks,appreciate the help,
Bob

HF is USB
VHF/UHF air band mostly AM with some FM in the UHF
Normal land mobile VHF/UHF would be FM
MilSatComm low band UHF is mostly FM

this is pretty much the same internationally

Kev