Old July 26th 03, 05:54 PM
Victor Watkins

Default Help Wanted - Realistic CTR-75 VOX Recorder

I am trying to hook up a Realistic CTR-75 Voice Actuated Cassette
Tape Recorder to my BC-785 scanner. I want to record traffic on a
certain frequency while I am away. I am not having any luck.

I am attempting this feat with the following:

Mono audio plug on scanner external speaker jack
Mono audio plug into recorder's remote jack
Recorder is in record mode (record & play are depressed)
In the run position
VOX actuation is in low

I have utilized this feature with some type of configuration years ago;
However, I have lost my operating manual and can't seem to conquer
this task. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Victor Watkins, KB5AKO

Houston, Texas

Echolink Node - 114151
Old July 26th 03, 06:54 PM
Victor Watkins

I just realized after I posted this that the remote jack has to be the
carrier-detect
and that the audio from the scanner goes into the mic jack.

So, how do I get this to work?

Victor
Old July 26th 03, 07:21 PM
Bob Parnass

If you are going to use the recorder's VOX feature,
you only need once cable between the scanner's audio
output jack and the recorder's audio (line) input jack.

If you are going to have the scanner control the
recorder in non-VOX mode, you need to connect a
second cable.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com