Old August 11th 03, 07:59 AM
Ruben F.

"Dwayne" wrote in message

snip
Here is a link to it
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...CTLG&category%
5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F001%5F003%5F004&product%5Fid=1 5%2D5067

Thanks for posting a link Dwayne. I may just get one of those from RS
myself.....

-RF
http://www.Police-Scanner.info
Email: ruben "at" police-scanner.info

Old August 12th 03, 01:56 AM
Frank

That Other George ...

^ Buy the time you get done screwing around welding
^ and digging and bending and fitting ...

^ I've been thinking about cuting the tower off at the base
^ and welding a set of hinges there so I can lay it over to
^ work on "STUFF" :-)

Sometimes, as you well know, part of the hobby is doing it yourself.

Frank

Old August 12th 03, 09:02 AM
Jason Wagner

Buy the time you get done screwing around welding and digging and bending
and fitting you could have gone down to your local HAM/CB or TV shop and
pickedup 3 or 4 10' sections of tower mast and done it right :-) Regular
TV tower mast runs about $35.00 a section and is over kill for scanner
antennas. I have 4 sections up The first one is 3 feet in the ground and

at
the 14 foot mark the 2nd is clamped to the house. So my main is up 37' of
tower and then 10' of 1 1/2" regular pipe mast. It's been standing for 14
years now and the only thing I've done to it was drop it and weld a 6
foot cross bar on it so I could put up 2 more antennas :-) now I have 3

up,
i.e. 2 Scantenna's on the cross beam and a Antenna Warehouse Log-Periodic
Scanner Beam up on top over a Yaesu G-450XL rotor. I've been thinking

about
cuting the tower off at the base and welding a set of hinges there so I

can
lay it over to work on "STUFF" :-)

Thanks for the inspiration. I drove around today looking at flagpoles
which, despite being about as high as I want, have no guy wire at all and
are just sticking out of a block of concrete.

I talked to my dad, and we're talking about GRC, which is extremely rigid.
I told him what I had planned and he said it would hold the weight and stand
up in weather with no problem.

As far as going down to my local TV shop and picking up a mast, I'd love to,
but the closet store of that sort is probably 120 miles away.

Magnet mount antenna Chris CB 2 July 9th 04 03:22 PM
Another antenna mount question Bobby CB 9 May 20th 04 07:40 AM