Old October 4th 03, 10:14 PM
steelguitar

Default Ext. Speaker Wiring Help ??

Hi Guys

I need to add an ext speaker jack to my pro-2045. I have the right jack
from RS but don't know how to wire it to cancel the built in speaker.

thx

bob

Old October 4th 03, 11:40 PM
Jim

steelguitar wrote:

Hi Guys

I need to add an ext speaker jack to my pro-2045. I have the right jack
from RS but don't know how to wire it to cancel the built in speaker.

thx

bob

Not to flip you off Bob, but ask the folks at RS.

The wire(s) that go to the speaker will be rerouted to
the new jack. New wire(s) will go from the jack to the
speaker. There is a switch built into the jack that
will disconnect the speaker when a plug is inserted
into the jack.

If I had the jack in my hand for us both to look at the
above would be clear as a bell.
Old October 5th 03, 12:37 AM
steelguitar

Thanks, Jim

I got it so the built in speaker works but when I plug the ext. speaker in,
nothing works!

bob

Old October 5th 03, 01:10 AM
JER1538A

SHORTED AT YOUR NEW PLUG

Old October 5th 03, 05:00 AM
Jim

steelguitar wrote:

Thanks, Jim

I got it so the built in speaker works but when I plug the ext. speaker in,
nothing works!

bob

Check the wiring for the plug and external speaker for continuity, but
not shorted.

It that checks outm then most likely you mis-wired the jack. It could be
you
reversed the _input_ and the _output_ connections of the built in
switch.

cb speaker wiring bugsy CB 1 September 30th 04 01:49 PM
$50+ speaker boxes ... why do people buy these? Doug McLaren Homebrew 10 June 5th 04 02:12 AM
FS: PSC-10 Hammarlund Speaker for HQ-129X Michael Melland Boatanchors 1 February 7th 04 02:47 AM
Speaker for Motorola Saber -- how to use? Ken Equipment 4 January 21st 04 05:58 PM
Speaker for Motorola Saber -- how to use? Ken Equipment 0 January 21st 04 01:43 PM