Old October 8th 03, 05:29 PM
john

Default newbie uniden question

found a uniden bct7 800 beartracker in my dads house, is this thing
worth keeping and getting an antenna for? what kind (for the car that
isn't really obvious) or is there a newer handheld on I can use to
listen to police on. thanks
Old October 13th 03, 05:51 PM
Jon Greenstein

Subject: newbie uniden question
From: john
Date: 10/8/2003 12:29 PM Eastern Standard Time
found a uniden bct7 800 beartracker in my dads house, is this thing
worth keeping and getting an antenna for? what kind (for the car that
isn't really obvious) or is there a newer handheld on I can use to
listen to police on. thanks

Depending on the Frequencies your local PD are on. If they have made the move
to 800Mhz Digital or Trunked, you may just be better off buying a newer unit.

As for the Antenna, you can with fair results use a coupler that combines your
existing AM/FM car antenna to your Scanner.

Do be sure to check into mobile use of scanners and the law first.

As for the frequencies used by the locals, check Google: "xxx city/town and
police frequencies", also look into a Ham club that may be in your area.

Old October 14th 03, 02:45 AM
john

From: john
Date: 10/8/2003 12:29 PM Eastern Standard Time
found a uniden bct7 800 beartracker in my dads house, is this thing
worth keeping and getting an antenna for? what kind (for the car that
isn't really obvious) or is there a newer handheld on I can use to
listen to police on. thanks

Depending on the Frequencies your local PD are on. If they have made the move
to 800Mhz Digital or Trunked, you may just be better off buying a newer unit.

As for the Antenna, you can with fair results use a coupler that combines your
existing AM/FM car antenna to your Scanner.

Do be sure to check into mobile use of scanners and the law first.

As for the frequencies used by the locals, check Google: "xxx city/town and
police frequencies", also look into a Ham club that may be in your area.

thanks for the reply, I ordered a coupler from grove, What would anyone
recommend as far a new scanner that's handheld. thanks

Newbie Ham question: Antenna (Diamond X-50) Dave Bushong General 6 November 25th 04 03:23 PM
newbie question, grounding joe Antenna 5 May 9th 04 05:55 PM
Newbie question Oriondriver02 CB 2 November 28th 03 01:15 AM
Newbie question: icom ic-r7000 Steve Uhrig Scanner 0 September 1st 03 06:01 PM
Newbie question about power supplies FaZ CB 2 July 17th 03 04:36 AM