Old November 4th 03, 05:46 PM
Robert11

Default LDOC Arinc Civil Air Frequencies Quest. ?

Hello:

Saw in the latest monitoring times magazine some frequencies for the
commercial aviation ARINC LDOC stations located in N.Y.

Thought it would be interesting, so tried them out.

Supposedly USB mode. They a

3494 KHz
6640
8933
11342
13330
17925

But all I get is "noise,"as if it was a data stream, perhaps.

a. Are these voice channels ?

b. Am located near Boston. Should I expect to hear any of these ?

c. Is there "much" activity on these freq's., or can I truly expect
hours to go by without picking anything up ?

Any other info. re these, or other, ARINC voice channels that I can
possibly listen to (voice) from the Boston area ?

Much thanks,
Bob