Old December 24th 03, 12:02 AM
Frank

w4jle ...

^ You have a problem with your scanner.

I agree.

Frank

Old December 24th 03, 02:46 AM
Richard G Amirault

Great for you .. but I would reccommend Radio Shacks 800mHZ rubber duck.
It made a considerable difference on 800meg receive with my unit, and no
noticable loss on the 400 meg bands.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

Ghost Writer wrote:
: My brother and I both bought a Pro-95 for ourselves for Christmas. Man,
: these things work great. EXCELLENT receive. We're very impressed. We've
: owned scanners for many years. These have done very well thus far. We're
: getting signals in some areas that we couldn't receive in before with other
: portable scanners using RD antennas. Well worth the cost in our books. Now
: to finish filling in the rest of the channels. We're only up to 200. I'm
: sure we'll find something.
: G.W.

Old December 30th 03, 07:03 PM
Ghost Writer

"Mark" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:06:07 -0500, "CLFENT"

wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
news:01c3c945$48be66f0$0125250a@chomquvfcaznyhdd. ..
CLFENT ...

^ We've owned many scanners each over the years -
^ base/mobile/portable, so we've seen some good performance here.

Then you haven't tried to receive any of the lower frequencies. I have

not
yet been able to receive any 11 or 6 meter transmissions from a 5 Watt
transmitter unless it is within about 100 feet away. And that is with

an
external antenna.

Frank

WRONG! WE have tried 11 meters, not that we want to listen to it, but it
worked well. Heard some truckers off the interstate about 5 miles away

(the
interstate from our location).

You're exaggerating if you say you can hear truckers 5 miles away. It's

well
documented that the CB band on the 95 is near useless. Under a mile is

all
you can expect with this. Unless all your truckers run big linears ?

Look, I'm reporting what I hear... I know the distance from the interstate
to here. What the truckers are using I have no idea. I'm not in the damned
truck with them. NOR do I KNOW them. They're going to and fro on the
interstate, how the hell would I know who they are or what they use? That is
such an asinine statement, It is known that SOME truckers at least run
linears or modified 10 meter radios. Whether all do, I DO NOT KNOW.

The man stated he couldn't hear a CB at 5 watts more than 100 feet away with
his Pro 95. I CAN.. so what is the big freaking deal? Maybe we got lucky and
got two good units. My service monitor shows them to be receiving better
than the book lists them at in sensitivity. Since I can't prove it to you
any other way, I'm not going to argue this point any further. IT IS
RIDICULOUS to even try. I don't give a flying SCREW if you believe me or
not. I KNOW what I KNOW. Who are you to call me a liar when you 're not here
to prove otherwise? And to say I'm exaggerating is exactly what you're
doing - calling me a liar. I'm not even going to waste any more time on this
stupid thread. G.W.

Old December 30th 03, 07:15 PM
Ghost Writer

"Ghost Writer" wrote in message
news

wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
[...]

I forgot to make one point... I didn't buy the scanner to listen to
"truckers" OR anything else on CB. I was merely relating "MY" experience
with the reception. I wouldn't give a **** if the thing went dead on CB so
long as everything else I want to hear - comes in. I'm into Public Service.
CB chatter is not on my list of interests. I have CBs here sitting here
collecting dust for several years. That is how interested I am in CB. To me
it is trash, but that is my personal opinion. I'm not saying others
shouldn't be there. Whether the unit was able to even be programmed for CB -
let alone receive it well - did NOT influence my purchase of the Pro 95 one
way or another. IF YOU bought the Pro 95 just for that, you may have wasted
good money. IF you're not happy with the unit, TAKE IT BACK! How hard is
that to figure out? No one is twisting your arm to keep it if bought or to
buy it if you were contemplating it. I'm happy with my purchase and that is
all that matters to me. END OF DISCUSSION from my end. G.W.

Old December 31st 03, 01:49 AM
CQScanman

wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
[...]

That's good because most of the discussion has been coming from your
ass end. Are you as big a peckerhead in real life as you are here?

__
( )
|_ |
__|_ |__
_( \ _/ )
( \_)( (\/
\_) \ \
| ) )
(_ /
| |
Old December 31st 03, 07:52 AM
Ghost Writer

"CQScanman" wrote in message
m...
That's good because most of the discussion has been coming from your
ass end. Are you as big a peckerhead in real life as you are here?

__
( )
|_ |
__|_ |__
_( \ _/ )
( \_)( (\/
\_) \ \
| ) )
(_ /
| |

Do your self a favor, stick that finger up your ass and rotate it. I
reported the results "I" got. I can't help it if they were better than the
other person is reporting to get. I can't prove it to you, so you'll just
have to accept it. If you don't want to, that's fine too. I don't give a
good F*&K. It means nothing to me. If you don't like the truth, then don't
ask for it. The only peckerheads in here are you! ASS HOLE. Get a life. I
gave a report based on facts HERE. What any one else acquires, I can't help.
AGAIN - IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE UNIT, DO NOT BUY IT. IF YOU DID, TAKE IT BACK.
I DON"T GIVE A GOOD ****. MY SCANNER WORKS FINE AND THAT IS ALL I CARE
ABOUT. I didn't come here to be insulted and mocked. I reported what I know
to be the truth. If you don't like it TOO DAMNED BAD. G.W.

Old January 5th 04, 04:31 AM
DeWayne

"CQScanman" wrote in message
m...

I think your finger needs a splint.

__
( )
|_ |
__|_ |__
_( \ _/ )
( \_)( (\/
\_) \ \
| ) )
(_ /
| |

Old January 6th 04, 05:58 PM
Ghost Writer

"Mark" wrote in message
news
you can expect with this. Unless all your truckers run big linears ?

SNIPPED

Whether all do, I DO NOT KNOW.

Those last 4 words sum up all the spew you just wrote.

Save your fingers next time and stay off the keyboard.

I was answering his question... I DO NOT KNOW if the truckers I heard were
using linears. HOW THE HELL WOULD I? NOR DO I CARE. ANY ONE CAN ASSUME they
do, it doesn't make it so.

As to staying off the keyboard, MAKE ME. I'm here for as long as I choose to
be. IT IS PRETTY DAMNED BAD when a person can NOT initiate a reply based on
what they have experienced from a unit when a question was asked, to be
jumped on, called a liar and so on. YOU need to get a life. I HAVE received
CB on my PRO 95. One guy suggested he could receive a 5 watt CB no less than
I believe it was 100 yards. I had better luck. That is ALL I was trying to
say. Then he asked or someone did, if I worked for RS to say such things. NO
I DON'T. If you don't want to believe any of my report - that is fine. I
DON'T CARE! I can't prove it to you nor can you disprove what I've said.
MOOT ARGUMENT! G.W.

Old January 7th 04, 04:16 PM
Ghost Writer

"Mark" wrote in message
Yea, yea. We get it. YOU DO NOT KNOW.

That's your life story.

KISS MY ASS - LOSER! YOU MISSED THE "MARK".