Old December 24th 03, 09:58 AM
pa wifi

Default Need advice on Digital Scanner

I'm in need of some expert advice, I've been out of the scanner game for
some years and would like to get back into this hobby, however I've found
that my old equipment is now obsolete in this new DIGITAL Age.

I would like to be able to monitor the Phila, Pa. area Police and Fire as
well as the Bucks and Montgomery PD/FD what do I need to succeed in this
endeavor??

I know Bearcat has a scanner that requires the use of plug in cards
depending on which system the municipality is using and GRE (Radio Shack)
has one that does not need cards, but that's about all I know on the
subject.

I would like to get a portable as well as a base unit that hopefully would
be able to receive all of the above municipalities, without extra cards or
other additional equipment. Just need to know what if any would work, where
to get them and how much it's going to cost to enter the Digital Age of
Scanning.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Jim

Old December 25th 03, 04:44 AM
Eric ............

real quick, if you check E-bay, you will see more of the "B" scanners for sale
than Radio Shack/Realistic. There is a reason for that. Common sense should
prevail.............
Eric G.
education CANNOT buy common sense

Digital scanners online...Listen now ! bla Scanner 3 November 24th 03 07:53 AM
New Info on th ePRO-96 Digital Scanner The Dawn Soliloquy Scanner 3 September 7th 03 02:59 AM
Advice wanted on digital radio R J Carpenter Broadcasting 9 August 27th 03 03:56 AM
digital scanner help Mike Scanner 1 July 30th 03 05:38 PM
looking for new digital scanner (Canada) Steve St. Denis Scanner 2 July 21st 03 09:40 AM