Old November 23rd 03, 10:51 AM
bla

Default Digital scanners online...Listen now !

Digital scanners online ...listen now !

Look at this page where i have put some links and information about
digital and live online-scanners.

The first one is a Bearcat BC785D with a BCi25D decoder-card it listens to the all digital Apco trunking system from the New
Hampshire State Police in the USA...since they do'nt have the crypto switched on you can hear all the communications, this will give
you a good impression of what digital sounds like when demodulated with a digital capable scanner.
Sometimes when things go wrong you will hear the digital signal...this is
sometimes caused by a flaw in the scanner and on other moments it is
caused by the Apco radio itself that did'nt succeed in transmitting
correctly (probably out of sync), when this occurs you will hear the
dispatcher say " come again you where digital " this scanner also
sometimes receives non Apco signals (the old fashioned analog)
------
The second one is a Radio Shack Pro 96 also listening to a mix of
Apco-digital and old fashioned analog .
------
The 3rd and 4th one is not a scanner but a direct link to the
dispatch-center of the Douglas County police and fire-brigade !
These direct feeds are put online by the the police and fire-brigade
them selves.!....i was very surprised to find out about this !
The reason they are doing this is (as they say)

" to fill the void in scanning by the large public safety migration to digital trunked radio systems. Scanners may be available in
2003 for this technology "

Amazing !!!

This would be a good idea for the UK and other "tetra countries"
think about it ...what would be against it...ofcourse they would only relay the standard and non-confidential communications such as
the main dispatch channel that handles the common daily traffic

Also here things go wrong sometimes and you will hear the wrongly
demodulated signals ...the dispatcher will then ask to repeat the
message because he did'nt receive it correctly

I have sent an email to the sheriff asking this:

Dear Sirs,

Could you please answer some questions concerning the internet-feed
of your dispatch communications..your answer would be greatly
appriciated and of interest to many scanner-listeners and government
institutions over here in Europe.

The reason why i ask this is because most European countries have
gone digital this year...and we were very surprised to find out
that some areas in the USA have police and fire departments actually
retransmitting their non-confidential radio-communications over the
internet to satisfy the scanner-listeners.

In personally think it's a good idea and my compliments for the exellent
quality for both the audio and your website.

The questions are :

1) What we hear on the internet is that realtime and not delayed ?
(meaning on purpose so the informaton would be outdated ?)

2) Since when are you doing this ?

3) What are your motivations for doing this

4) Until when are you continuing to retransmit your radio-comms
over the internet ?

That's all ..

On behalf of a large community of scanner-listeners /press-agencies/
various institutions a.s.o.

Thanks in advance !

I will let you know his answers (if he agrees with publishing them)
remark: there are more direct feeds like this !
------------------

The 5th and last one is also a Bearcat BC250D with Apco card listening
to the digital trunking system ...this one is stereo and has different
channels on the right and left side
-----------------

Then i have put some links to other non digital online-scanners,
each of them using a different way of showing information about what is
received.

Note) the maximum number of listeners to one feed varies between
4 and 32 so chances are that you have to wait a little (click on the
stream-information to see that info)

The page is here

www.tetrascanner.com

there you go to " online dig scanners "

Enjoy !

By the way if you have a digital (Apco) scanner online or a scanner that shows information on what is received (other then just
aaudio-stream)
please let me know trough the email-adress at my website, thanks !

Tetrascanner
The Netherlands

Old November 23rd 03, 04:59 PM
SouthDakotaRadio

In article or%vb.4500$%W3.22096@amstwist00, "bla"
writes:

The first one is a Bearcat BC785D with a BCi25D decoder-card it listens to
the all digital Apco trunking system from the New
Hampshire State Police in the USA...since they do'nt have the crypto switched
on you can hear all the communications

Much as I enjoy listening to scanner feeds from across the country, I wish that
people wouldn't do this with digital feeds.

When the department realizes their comms are being broadcast over the Internet
for the world to hear, this provides them with a GREAT incentive to encrypt
their communications. Not too tough with the new digital systems.

Please, "don't give 'em a reason!"

Old November 23rd 03, 06:17 PM
bla

But as mentioned they are feeding it to the net themselves ! there are at least 10 departements that do that...specially for
scanner-listeners

Tetrascanner