Old January 9th 04, 02:52 AM
Scanman

"mike" wrote in message
never been able to get a new 39 keypad
had mine since it first came on the market & have to do the 'rf screening'
tip about once a year.
as for the 800m mod
you have already seen the diode row below the keypad.

here is the mod

PRO-39

thanks for the information. i've never done the mod yet. if the unit isn't
going to work, i'm not going to bother with it. i'm wondering since cell is
going digital now, if they'll loosen their grip on the philosophy of not
selling parts and service manuals for those types of scanners. so far as i'm
aware, scanners like the 39 and those in that era aren't able to receive the
digital cell calls, so i can't see where the problem would be. sm

Old January 10th 04, 12:08 AM
Sean

Why do something easy when you can do it the hard way and maybe really screw
it up?

BDK" wrote in message

That costs more than the new pad does!!

BDK"

In article ,
says...
Hey guys, thanks for the input. With your help, I checked other
options I hadn't thought of and found what I needed. There is a kit
"rubber key pad repair kit" by IT chemtronics. part number CW2605 for
$10.89. It sounds exactly like I need and if you want follow up
information after I try it, email me at

Old January 10th 04, 12:10 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Frank" wrote:

Thanks Dwight. I'm having to press very
hard on the buttons of my 20 year old
PRO-43 so I might use your alternative.

It works. Of course, as others have stated, if you can get a replacement
keypad, that is the easiest way to go. But recoating the pads may be the
only hope for older scanners with no replacement available. Take care.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old January 10th 04, 06:04 AM
Bill

That's BS man, Pro 43 can get cells and as you read above you can get parts!
Get the Ahole to quote you that law! Get thee to another Shack ! The part
number is 10789824, I think.
You don't need to un-solder that diode if getting in there with heat scares
you off, you can just x-acto knife carefully where the diode meets the PCB,
can't use it anywhere else but who cares?

Yaesu Rotor Repair Topaz305RK Antenna 3 July 9th 04 12:54 AM
Yaesu Rotor Repair Topaz305RK Equipment 0 July 8th 04 04:53 AM
Kenwood & Yaesu Repair Service John Equipment 0 January 17th 04 11:58 AM
The Philco Repair Bench updates... CASchwark Boatanchors 0 November 16th 03 10:55 PM
Export and Domestic Radio Repair AM/FM/SSB West Coast Radio CB 4 August 12th 03 06:49 PM