Old January 18th 04, 12:14 AM
Richard Kuhler

Default BC296D Tune Mode?

Well, I've read the whole manual and I still don't see how to do this
simple thing. How can you tune to a specific frequency without
programming it into a channel. Then I'd like to step/search up and down
from there. On the Pro96 there's a "tune" button that does this but how
do you do it on the BC296D?

Old January 18th 04, 04:57 AM
vegie

This will get you at least half way the

1. From normal SCAN mode, momentarily press HOLD/MAN.
2. Then press and hold the HOLD/MAN button until the readout toggles to
ROTARY:FREQUENCY.
3. Then type in the freq you want to tune to WITHOUT hitting E/enter (i.e.
4,5,3 for 453 mhz)
4. Then push the rotary up or down and you're there.

Don't know how to scan/search from that point though - perhaps someone else
can add to tihis?

RV
"Richard Kuhler" wrote in message
Well, I've read the whole manual and I still don't see how to do this
simple thing. How can you tune to a specific frequency without
programming it into a channel. Then I'd like to step/search up and down
from there. On the Pro96 there's a "tune" button that does this but how
do you do it on the BC296D?

We Need a BANDWIDTH-BASED Frequency Plan - NOT Mode-Based. Expeditionradio Policy 43 February 8th 04 08:47 PM
BETTER HF FREQUENCY PLAN for AMATEUR RADIO Expeditionradio Policy 3 January 27th 04 10:50 PM
Icom T2H ANI Mode Michael Ko Equipment 10 October 23rd 03 07:59 PM
Icom T2H ANI Mode Michael Ko Equipment 0 October 9th 03 09:13 PM
Help Required - Operation of Boatanchor Amateur Radio HF Station Wayne Boatanchors 0 September 16th 03 02:53 PM