Old January 25th 04, 03:39 AM
Kevin

Default need help

Hi,

I am an armature scanner enthusiast. I would like to know is there a
scanner that looks like a simple radio, like SONY ICF radio.
Because I noticed that all the handheld scanners looks like a
walkitalki unit. For me it is a problem because it creates attention
when seen by others and officers.
Please help me find a scanner with a body looking like a radio.

Kevin

my email is -
Old January 25th 04, 12:53 PM
Jim Douglas

Maybe there is a reason why scanners look like that. Why would any legit
listener be concerned about the "attention it creates with seen by other and
officers."

om...

Old January 25th 04, 03:27 PM
Frank

Kevin . ..

^ I am an armature ...

Don't let your spell checker determine your life for you. Fight back!

^ ... is there a scanner that looks like a simple radio ...

Buy a shoulder mounted boom-box and hide the smaller receiver inside it.

Frank

Old January 25th 04, 06:28 PM
Paul Keenleyside

"Frank" wrote in message
news:01c3e357$c318ace0$0125250a@ustvgtzwhdfwlhpy.. .
Kevin . ..

^ I am an armature ...

Don't let your spell checker determine your life for you. Fight back!

That's a new one. Never heard that one before. LOL!

Old January 26th 04, 03:13 AM
Jim Mac Donald

Kevin,
What country are you in? If your some place here in the United States
trying to get by with out trunking is going to limit what will be