Old February 4th 04, 10:29 AM

Default PRO-96 CQPSK Upgrade is a Bust

I have downloaded the PRO-96 CQPSK upgrade for the local system and
it misses a lot of the transmissions. I have the BC796D and it catches
everything while the PRO-96 is deaf or catches part of a transmission
and then magically starts scanning.
I used scanrec to monitor the digital system for a 24 hour period for
each radio. About 75% of the transmission monitored with the BC796D
were not detected by the PRO-96.

Old February 4th 04, 09:08 PM
Woolridge

sorry to hear that.
atleast the radioshack/gre team attempted to make the upgrade.
most companies wouldn't have bothered and would have released a whole new
radio to get it such as uniden.
maybe this will be one of those things where you will have to update it
every couple of months in order to get improved performence.