Old February 5th 04, 11:35 PM
Viper02

Default 785D Stops scanning

Anyone see this on their unit? I'll set the 785D to scan, and later (like
after I wake up), it will be stopped on a conventional frequency (never
stops on the trunked channels). Squelch adjustment has no impact.

Old February 6th 04, 03:17 AM
Jim Mac Donald

If your using the PRIORITY feature, this may be what's causing the scanner to
LOCK UP!
My BC 250D locks up and won't resume scanning some times, when I try pushing
the SCAN key
or RSM button, nothing happens! The only way to get the BC 250 D to start
scanning again is to toggle a bank of frequencies ,by pushing one of the
numbers on the key pad! Then it will start scanning again, and I turn off the
PRIORITY feature. Some times just hitting RSM or SCAN will get it scanning
again. This may be different for each BC 250D and BC 785D user due to there
particular set up of banks and frequencies. Also ALPHA TAGS seem to have an
effect too!

This has been covered, several months again at strongsignals.net.

http://www.strongsignals.net/index.cgi
Jim

Old February 7th 04, 07:23 AM
Jim Mac Donald

Here's some threads about the so called PRIORITY bug in the BC 250D, BC 785D BC
296D and BC 796D.

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/boards/viewpost.cgi?board=bc250-785d&num=2992&archive=0403

And another:

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/boards/viewpost.cgi?board=bc250-785d&num=2651&archive=0303

And another thread, this one pertains to the BC 296D. It appears this "bug"
continued on with this new line of scanners!

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/boards/viewpost.cgi?board=bc296-796d&num=738&archive=1203

I hope you will join in the groups, at strrongsignals, that support the Uniden
digital scanners.
Jim

Viper02 wrote:

Anyone see this on their unit? I'll set the 785D to scan, and later (like
after I wake up), it will be stopped on a conventional frequency (never
stops on the trunked channels). Squelch adjustment has no impact.

Scanning this afternoon Iman Nassoul Scanner 0 February 4th 04 02:40 AM
Scanning laws around the world? victoria patel Scanner 19 February 3rd 04 08:48 PM
New To Scanning Billy Lyle Scanner 6 September 26th 03 06:19 PM
Uniden 785D New Accessories. The Dawn Soliloquy Scanner 0 July 13th 03 02:09 PM
Uniden 785D The Dawn Soliloquy Scanner 0 July 8th 03 10:40 PM