Old February 6th 04, 06:17 AM
Navid

Default WTB: Optoelectronics Xplorer unblocked

Looking for an unblocked version of the Optoelectronics Xplorer nearfield
receiver. State age, condition and price in email.
Old February 6th 04, 04:25 PM
X-Eliminator

Good luck...I finally had to break down and buy a new one.

Old February 6th 04, 05:00 PM
DeWayne

"X-Eliminator" wrote in message
news
Good luck...I finally had to break down and buy a new one.

So how do you like it?

DeWayne

Old February 6th 04, 05:21 PM
X-Eliminator

It's great --- it's grabs EVERYTHING, but you have to select discrete
blocks to scan, otherwise you get overwhelmed by the digital swamp
(lots of data freqs. -- I live within 800 ft. of a police & fire
station)

Old February 8th 04, 12:23 AM
Ohioscan

wrote:

Looking for an unblocked version of the Optoelectronics Xplorer nearfield
receiver. State age, condition and price in email.

Original unblocked version with Opti installed upgrade adding
block lockouts and new battery

For Sale Mint Cond Xplorer
(Full Coverage, No Gaps)
$575.00 + $10 sh

http://www.ohioscan.com/OPTIEXPL.JPG

Mike

Features
.. High speed FM communications nearfield receiver, sweeps range of 30MHz to
2GHz in less
than one second
.. Frequency blocks: Program up to 10 different frequency ranges to sweep or
lock out
.. Two line LCD displays frequency and either CTCSS, DCS, LTR, DTMF, or
signal strength
.. Built-in VFO mode for manually tuning to a specific frequency
.. Super Sensitivity: Receive two-way communications up to 1/4 mile away
.. Automatically record up to 500 frequencies in memory with number of hits,
time and date
.. Manually record CTCSS, DCS, DTMF and Signal Strength into memory
.. Built-in PC Interface for memory download/PC interface cable and download
software included
.. Real-Time Clock / Calender with battery back-up
.. Lockout Featu Up to 1000 individual frequencies can be locked out of
reception
.. CI5 interface for Reaction Tune
.. Internal Speaker, Audio earphone/headphone jack
.. Includes Built-in NiCad Batteries with 4-5 hour discharge time
.. Separate volume and squelch controls

Technical Specifications
Frequency Range 30MHz to 2GHz
Resolution Fixed 100Hz +/- 500Hz accuracy
Modulation FM
Frequency Response 50-3000Hz
Input Impedance 50Ohm
Size 3" W x 5.25" H x 1.6" D Weight 12oz
Sensitivity 100uV@500MHz
Inputs 50OHm, -59dBm @ 100MHz, -25dBm @ 1GHz
Outputs Internal speaker, audio headphone jack, RS232 jack, CI5 jack
Power 9-12VDC 350mA center positive
Battery 5 cell AA NiCads / 4-5 hour battery life
Display 2x16 alphanumeric LCD with EL backlight

Old February 8th 04, 01:38 AM
X-Eliminator

How much trouble would it have been to post a picture with the power
turned on ???

Old May 29th 09, 10:27 PM
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navid View Post
Looking for an unblocked version of the Optoelectronics Xplorer nearfield
receiver. State age, condition and price in email.
friday may 29 2009
I have an unblocked optoelectronics xplorer test reciever it is in excellent condition no scuff marks or scratches comes with charger, software, manual, carrying case. not sure of the age but its the same as the pictures i see when i look it up.im asking $350.00 for the xplorer. I also have a optoelectronics MI micro handicounter im taking offers on and an icom communications reciever ic-pcr1000 im also taking offers on email me or call me at 602 486 1581

Old April 24th 10, 12:45 PM
Junior Member

Hi There I got a Opto Electronics Xplorer i havent a clue how to use them i just downloaded a manual for it but on the manual it has arrow buttons but mine doesnt have arrows? could someone please help me on how to use or send me a link for a manual , also do they actaully still pick up channels? because we have changeover to digital and are they useless if so thanks pm me thanksss