Old February 20th 04, 09:49 PM
Michael F.

Default Fast Food

I have a Dairy Queen and a Sonic within 1/2 mile from me. I know I have put
in the correct frequencies. Why can't I here them? Thanks in advance.

Old February 20th 04, 10:17 PM
Greasy Rider

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:49:00 -0600, "Michael F."
disturbed the phosphur particles on my screen
with the following:

I have a Dairy Queen and a Sonic within 1/2 mile from me. I know I have put
in the correct frequencies. Why can't I here them? Thanks in advance.

Why in the world would you want to?

Old February 20th 04, 10:18 PM
JER1538A

THEY DONT WANT U TO HEAR THEM
Old February 20th 04, 10:47 PM
Ronny Julian

Super secret digital hush hush inverted encryption....

or could it be that they have been interfered with by some juvenile punk
using dads Yaesu VX-7R and they actually did something about it like range
tested their transmitters?

Hummm.

Old February 21st 04, 02:06 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Michael F." wrote:
I have a Dairy Queen and a Sonic
within 1/2 mile from me. I know I
have put in the correct frequencies.
Why can't I here them? Thanks in
advance.

Since they use very low-powered equipment, you're probably too far away at
a half mile. If it's portable, try taking your scanner to the actual
location and listen there. Don't advertise what you're doing but no need to
hide it either (listening is not illegal but why draw unnecessary attention
to yourself). If you still don't hear them, you have the wrong frequencies.
Try scanning around the possible frequencies to see if you can find them. If
you do hear them, but still don't hear them at home, try increasing the
antenna at home to improve reception. If you're using a handheld with rubber
antenna, almost any other type of antenna will be an improvement.

Listening can be fun depending on how confortable the employees are with
the equipment. At some locations, the communications is all business
(boring). At other locations, you'll hear them talking about the customers,
dates, boyfriends, girlfriends, the manager, the food, other employees,
vehicles driving through, work schedules, what they plan to do after work,
and just about anything else.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old February 21st 04, 08:02 AM
Jesse

"Michael F." wrote in
:

I have a Dairy Queen and a Sonic within 1/2 mile from me. I know I
have put in the correct frequencies. Why can't I here them? Thanks in
advance.

Sorry to be the one to tell you - DQ went encrypted long ago,and Sonic is
now on SatCom.
You would nned to invest in approx. $27,000 worth of equipment to monitor
them now.

Old February 21st 04, 01:31 PM
Greasy Rider

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:02:01 GMT, Jesse disturbed the
phosphur particles on my screen with the following:

Sorry to be the one to tell you - DQ went encrypted long ago,and Sonic is
now on SatCom.
You would nned to invest in approx. $27,000 worth of equipment to monitor
them now.

It was a part of the Homeland Security directives.
Old February 21st 04, 02:35 PM
Ronny Julian

That was a directive from the Burger Meister or was it Meister Burger?
Burger Builder? Ohh heck it was that super secret hush hush burger security
stuff!

Old February 21st 04, 05:37 PM
Jesse

Greasy Rider wrote in
:

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:02:01 GMT, Jesse disturbed the
phosphur particles on my screen with the following:

Sorry to be the one to tell you - DQ went encrypted long ago,and Sonic
is now on SatCom.
You would nned to invest in approx. $27,000 worth of equipment to
monitor them now.

It was a part of the Homeland Security directives.

You guessed it.
All it took was a little inuendo about a 'dirty cone' - Then when word of
hot dog shaped miniaturized warheads filtered back to our intellegence,they
ordered them to tighten up security.

Old February 22nd 04, 04:17 AM
Brian T

WHY BIG DEAL FAST FOOD PLACE I LISTEN TO MC DANALDS ITS FUN SOMETIMES
BETTER THEN THE COPS

Soldering Tips that Heat Very Fast Martin McCormick Homebrew 4 February 24th 04 11:41 PM
Soldering Tips that Heat Very Fast Martin McCormick Homebrew 0 February 23rd 04 07:57 PM
fast food prankster Woolridge Scanner 30 January 15th 04 03:01 PM
Fast T/R switching at 70cm and 33cm? [email protected] Homebrew 2 July 16th 03 05:00 PM