Old March 13th 04, 07:28 AM
Ken

Default PC control of Icom R10

Is anyone *controlling* his Icom R10 with an Icom OP-478 cable or RT
Systems CT29A cable -- as opposed to programming the memory, which I
know can be done?

It has been suggested that by putting a stereo to mono adapter on the
stereo phone plug of the cable and plugging into the CI-V side jack of
the radio that CAT control is possible without the $100 Icom CT-17
level converter. I am looking for confirmation before shelling out
for this receiver.

Ken
(to reply via email
remove "zz" from address)

Old March 14th 04, 12:51 PM
Ken

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:54:37 -0500, michael agner
wrote:
Evidently that very subject is being discussed on the R10 Yahoo Group:

Yes, I asked it there, too. But after a few days of no answer, I
posted here, too.

However, one person did get back to me later privately and told me
that he was doing radio control just this way and it works OK, if
slowly.

Ken
(to reply via email
remove "zz" from address)
Old March 21st 04, 11:39 PM
Jonathan Clough, Javiation, Bradford, UK (http://w

In article , Ken
writes

Is anyone *controlling* his Icom R10 with an Icom OP-478 cable or RT
Systems CT29A cable -- as opposed to programming the memory, which I
know can be done?

It has been suggested that by putting a stereo to mono adapter on the
stereo phone plug of the cable and plugging into the CI-V side jack of
the radio that CAT control is possible without the $100 Icom CT-17
level converter. I am looking for confirmation before shelling out
for this receiver.

You can use either with the OPC-478, no need for the CT-17. They are
both "level convertors".

Advantage of using a Stereo - Mono adaptor on the OPC-478 in the CI-V
socket is you don't loose the internal speaker audio

--
Cheers,
JC