Old March 29th 04, 10:43 PM
Sir Scan-Alot

Default Problem with ACARS

About 5 years ago I had a Pro-2028 desktop scanner that I used with my PC to
decode ACARS data with the Windows program WACARS. It worked excellent. The
scanner stopped working around 2 years ago and I have since purchased both a
Pro-95 & a Pro-79 handheld scanner.

The problem is I can't seem to decode ACARS with either of these two
scanners. I have the same PC hooked up the same way to the handhelds as I
did the desktop and although I recieve strong signals on the ACARS
frequencies the WACARS program does seem to pick up the data and decode it.

Anyone have a similar problem and know a workaround?

TIA.