Old June 20th 04, 08:26 PM
JBird

Default Palm Harbor FL?

Moved from Pasco to Pinellas County in Palm Harbor area and wanted to know
if there is a recent updated talk group list on the web somewhere? Talk
groups are difficult here and some info I found is not right. Help is much
appreciated and thanks. Already have Clearwater edacs system in scanner and
working fine. I rent out a home in Pasco and thought I'd be able to monitor
fire and police there from Palm Harbor, Dunedin area, but the reception is
spotty on my 780 with stock antenna at the back of unit. Thinking outside
antenna on mast or Austin Condor big stick on mount outside.

Trying to decipher talk groups here, any help much appreciated

Old June 21st 04, 02:55 AM
Captain Purple

Jbird -
I was in the area with a PRO-95 in April. Would you have the same scanner?
If so, perhaps we could trade some .P95 files. I spent quite some time attempting to organize all
the freqs I could find into first an XLS spreadsheet, then transferring over to the W95 program to
upload to the scanner. I'm probably no more than 3-5 miles from you, and go back and forth between
Dunedin and TS.
Capt. Purple.

Old June 21st 04, 08:05 AM
TMartin831

Palm Harbor FL?

I am thinking of moving to that area...is reception really that bad?
Old June 21st 04, 11:58 AM
JBird

Scratchy reception listening to Pasco and also St Pete PD. Clearwater is
great and Pinellas County is good as well. Just too many TGs that are
unidentified. Can't hear Hillsborough very well either. Now that's with
stock antenna on 780 XLT remember

Old June 21st 04, 04:18 PM
TMartin831

Just too many TGs that are
unidentified. Can't hear Hillsborough very well either. Now that's with
stock antenna on 780 XLT remember

Are you east of rt 19?

Also, do you have any experience with short wave radio....how is reception?
Old June 22nd 04, 12:35 AM
JBird

I am west of rt 19 near the water just before Klosterman and Alt 19 and yes
I do SWL and reception here is very good with 80-foot random longwire
(end-fed Pal magnetic balun) which I take into a preamp that splits to 2
shortwaves. Cannot complain about SW reception at all, it is great. Just
frustrated because Pinellas talk groups are outdated it seems and I have no
idea who is where or who I am listening to. Pasco was much simpler, I think
I'll move back. Traffic was better there too

Old June 22nd 04, 12:47 AM
TMartin831

I am west of rt 19 near the water just before Klosterman and Alt 19

I know where you are.....I will be down that way for a visit in August...right
when it is good and hot...maybe you all will have a hurricane while I am down
there !!!! I am looking for a place to live...maybe in Dunedin...Palm
Harbor...New Port Richey area
Old June 22nd 04, 05:47 AM
Captain Purple

There are a zillion cute places available in the Dunedin area, which is still quiet and unspoiled.
Lots of for rent and for sale signs every couple of blocks.

Capt. Purple

Old June 22nd 04, 07:12 AM
TMartin831

There are a zillion cute places available in the Dunedin area,
Lots of for rent and for sale signs every couple of blocks.

That is what I am looking for....no luck so far, but I'll get there one day.

Palm or Pocket PC HF? spdevel Equipment 10 February 9th 04 03:27 PM
Palm or Pocket PC HF? spdevel Equipment 0 January 3rd 04 07:26 PM
Palm or pocket pc ?? TonyWard Digital 2 December 14th 03 06:00 AM
PDA: Palm or Windows? Ken Equipment 4 July 7th 03 06:57 PM
PDA: Palm or Windows? Ken Equipment 0 July 3rd 03 10:12 PM