Old August 5th 04, 01:10 PM
Greasy Rider @ invalid . com

Default your plant

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 07:36:25 -0400, "David L. Wilson"
proclaimed:
I have not recently watered your plant and will not be back until later next
week. You might want to get a key and water it.

(Sent from home)

If you come into my home and attempt to water any plants you can count
on a welcome from Smith and Wesson.

(sent from the bunker)
Old August 20th 04, 02:55 AM
Nicik Name

Greasy Rider @ invalid . com wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:19:05 -0400, "David L. Wilson"
proclaimed:

Oops...The dangers of opening e-mail while reading news...

It happens often in various newsgroups and is always goof for a laugh.

Several years ago before my retirement from Big Blue a guy
inadvertently pressed PAGE while talking to his girl friend. His wife
wasn't pleased when someone conferenced her at home. Four floors of
occupants enjoyed the discussion.

Big Blue?

Old August 20th 04, 11:43 AM
dxAce

Nicik Name wrote:

Greasy Rider @ invalid . com wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:19:05 -0400, "David L. Wilson"
proclaimed:

Oops...The dangers of opening e-mail while reading news...

It happens often in various newsgroups and is always goof for a laugh.

Several years ago before my retirement from Big Blue a guy
inadvertently pressed PAGE while talking to his girl friend. His wife
wasn't pleased when someone conferenced her at home. Four floors of
occupants enjoyed the discussion.

Big Blue?

I think IBM is referred to at times as Big Blue.

dxAce

Old August 20th 04, 07:55 PM
Jack Painter

"Nicik Name" wrote

Greasy Rider @ invalid . com wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:19:05 -0400, "David L. Wilson"
proclaimed:

Oops...The dangers of opening e-mail while reading news...

It happens often in various newsgroups and is always goof for a laugh.

Several years ago before my retirement from Big Blue a guy
inadvertently pressed PAGE while talking to his girl friend. His wife
wasn't pleased when someone conferenced her at home. Four floors of
occupants enjoyed the discussion.

Big Blue?

Son, you just made a lot of us feel old - Big Blue was IBM.

White shirts, particular shade of blue suit, black shoes - no variation
allowed.

Jack

Old August 20th 04, 11:02 PM
clifto

Jack Painter wrote:
"Nicik Name" wrote
Big Blue?

Son, you just made a lot of us feel old - Big Blue was IBM.

White shirts, particular shade of blue suit, black shoes - no variation
allowed.

Not true! There were at least six acceptable ties.

--
"Kerry arrived [in Viet Nam] with a strong anti-Vietnam War bias and a self-
serving determination to build a foundation for his political future."
-- Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann, USN (Ret.), May 4, 2004

Old August 21st 04, 02:55 AM
Jack Painter

"clifto" wrote
Jack Painter wrote:
"Nicik Name" wrote
Big Blue?

Son, you just made a lot of us feel old - Big Blue was IBM.

White shirts, particular shade of blue suit, black shoes - no variation
allowed.

Not true! There were at least six acceptable ties.

I know - but I left that out because I didn't know the tie colors, lol.

General Electric had a similar dress code, and so did a few others, just not
as strict as Big Blue.

Jack

Old August 21st 04, 08:02 AM

Not true. There were at least six acceptable ties.

yes. regular "Blue", "Light Blue", "Dark Blue", "Navy Blue", "Ocean
Blue", and "Sky Blue"