Old August 13th 04, 05:26 AM
Mike M.

Default Sorry Old quest. Audio Mod BC200xlt

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:51:03 GMT, Ray Steinhart
wrotF:

I am sure it has been asked many time. I need to increase the audio
output of my BC200xlt for 2 headsets. My wife has become a NASCAR nut
(brings back memories of when her parents dragged her to the local stock
car races) and am going to bring it to the races. I have made mods to
this unit before (long time ago). I would expect it to be a very simple
change.
Thanks for your help.

If I remember correctly, there is a resistor between the headphone
jack sleeve and ground. Short it or reduce it's value. Simple test -
short the headphone jack mounting nut to the BNC antenna jack and see
if the volume increases. Try this at your own risk, my memory ain't
what it used to be.

Ray Steinhart